1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine 2.0 and Maschine Studio

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Airyck, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airyck

Airyck NI Product Owner

Dj illustrious just posted this over at the MPC forums, thought people here might like to see it.
    I for one will be picking one up... :D:eek:

Color screens, a mixer, etc... etc...

Attached Files:

2. moroe

moroe Forum Member

Bahh, lots of wasted button space left and right from the displays

and no dedicated cutoff ,resonance, adsr envelope knobs

they also removed the shift functions for the pads, which could have been for midi functions like direct access to arpeggiator, chords, jump to dedicated pages of the sampler and so on......

it would have been better if they made an addon controller with two extra screens for 2x8 rows of mixer and step sequencer knobs.

when they do not open the maschine protocoll to easy control functions with a 3rd party controler
    i will move to push

3. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

NI could have done am lot better than that... not impressed by the look... but I'll have to try it out first.

But... I was right about the NI's silence... and a new controller.

4. DerKarsten

DerKarsten Forum Member

If this is not a fake: Push here I come.

5. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

I don't really care for the controller as i don't want a built in audio/midi interface, but the software side of things looks promising (sidechaining in particular). Hopefully the new software will be compatible with old controllers.

(and i'm guessing the inclusion of Prism will mean future expansion packs will have patches for that as well as Massive).

6. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

Do MK1 and MK2 users get 2.0 software?

7. DerKarsten

DerKarsten Forum Member

From 669$ list price for the MK2 to 999$? Wow. That is harsh. And with the audio interface and new VST instruments and effects they devaluate an update for komplete and a previously purchased Komplete Audio 6. I guess I'll pass. :(

8. puzzlefactory

Built in audio and midi interface...

9. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

First impressions for me are good... Lets hope there's a lot more to the software than is apparent from the write up.

10. DerKarsten

DerKarsten Forum Member

There already is a midi interface coming with the mk1. :( I guess this 2.0 update won't come cheap for existing users (if the old Maschines are compatible). Man, I really hate the trend to pay again for stuff I already have.

11. puzzlefactory

Well yeah, it'll be the audio interface that has driven the price up. If they put in a "dirt cheap" interface then what would be the point?

But again, because of this interface inclusion, i would have no interest in this controller. Hopefully they will keep going with the "normal" controllers, (much like MPC Ren and Studio run side by side) and the new software will be compatible with the MK1 and 2 (which i suspect will be).

12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

fisrt impression lmao

is this fake

then it dawned on me they been quiet for a year and this is the best they come up with , lmao

that **** looks clumsy and somewhat i see what they tried to do far as making it into a control surface/mix station / dj tool

but personally i think they went in the wrong direction with this, i like the screens and metering the dial control more mixer like again but overall looks like a fail but i gotta see more promos and how it work in use.

might be good for some but its not for me but the software has side-chaining, we also have mixer, this leads me to think the sequencer is stepped up big time as if they are making it the centerpiece of ur studio with it being an audio interface there are bound to be more DAW like features.

so cant wait to see the full break down of what they have done with the software but over it seems promising i just think the new controller looks funny somehow

but currently ill be keeping my mk2 and i told u so about the announcement this week

13. ServeSwaggerSurf

ServeSwaggerSurf Forum Member

Definitely looking forward to the capabilities of this and what the new software is going to be able to do. The new controller looks like an MPC60/3000 though, and they should definitely add padding for palms like on the Renaissance.

14. puzzlefactory

What exactly did you expect?

Also, unless you are involved in music production product development, how can you have any meaningful idea of what can be developed in a year?

15. clementshawes

clementshawes Forum Member

It does have a wow factor visually and it does promise a lot... NI have always delivered on rather-ambitious products historically...

16. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

It seems kinda weird that this "Maschine Studio" is in a SweetWater catalog and nowhere else on the Internet... I'm not saying it's fake... but it seems kinda weird.

Why only a SweetWater catalog?

17. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

How do these built-in audio interfaces work? Can you bypass it if you already have a better high quality one? I know that was an issue with the Guitar Rig Kontrol.

18. Upright

Upright NI Product Owner

Hahaha....this is gonna be dope!

19. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

$38/month?

20. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

From the blurry, small screenshot of the interface, it seems the interface got updated. You can see the sequencer got some updates, I see scenes with patterns inside them but they look more Block in reason. I think (it's a bit blurry) that I saw a pattern stretch from one scene to the next. That would be cool. The browser on the side seems to have been updated and reminds me a bit of Guitar Rig or Kontakt's browser, which would make sense. There some updates to the module view as well. It seems to me that there are more tabs there for more effects and stuff. Hopefully that means multicore support since that would kill a non threaded app. One surprising thing is the screens, they are color. AWESOME! Hopefully they will do more like letting you do sequencing without having to look at the computer.

Anyway if the changes to the sequencers are correct (and this is not a hoax) then the wheel will come in handy to put patterns wherever you want as opposed to being stuck in that rigid grid. That would be awesome. There is a Macro button that I hope allows you to make your arps and stuff out of step sequences.

Groups are unlimited according to that page! Nice! They seem have gotten rid of the shift functions on the pad and moved them to the edit section. Not sure how I feel about that. I have those pads tied to muscle memory at this point.

Anyway I like it. I would definitely buy it. It's Maschine with more stuff. It has a very MPC like look to it but seems less bulky. One disappointing this is they seem to have gotten rid of the designer plates this time (maybe they will announce it later).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.