1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine 2.0 and Maschine Studio

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Airyck, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

When did you put your order in. I put mine in with Sweetwater but have no idea when I will get it.

2. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

I contacted Sweetwater on 1 Oct and they told me it is not in their system yet. Then I received an email on 2 Oct that preorders are being taken so I immediately placed the order. If it doesn't ship on 1 Nov (the day it is released), then I am buying it here at my local dealer.

3. mezzurias

Cool. I just ordered mine last week. I should have put it in day one but I was deciding between this or the PS4. I decided to get both and go hungry for a while. Who needs to eat anyway. Am I right, guys?

4. jdownesbaird

jdownesbaird Forum Member

Again, this is a USER forum. This is not the best channel for constant COMPANY feedback. As previously stated, The Feature Suggestion thread would be more appropriate.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Moving on. How about that Maschine Studio? Pretty slick, huh?

5. smoovemode

smoovemode Forum Member

It depends on your definition of "slick". Secondly, If someone has a "gripe" about a product, I'd like to hear it so I know if it's a gripe I would have with the product. I'm a strong supporter (at least my pocket says so) of NI products, but I don't want no "fanboy" stuff goin' down either. Last time that happened I ended up with some "junk". So if someone wants to express their concerns LET EM!! An unknowing consumer has the right to know.

6. mezzurias

It's pretty straight forward, imo. it requires work either way but its just tedious, not hard. There are too many ways to do it for me to go into detail, but you have drag and drop midi, drag and drop audio, you can export the audio including your arranged scenes from the software into separate tracks then import them into your DAW. Depending on your DAW you can just route each group/sound into it's own audio mix channel and record your arrangement live to audio tracks. It's very possible and it's no different than what you have to do with an MPC or an MV, with the added benefit of not having to use audio cables and stuff to route audio, or having to bounce one track at a time.

I personally drag and drop my midi clips to my DAW and arrange my tracks as close as possible to the what I had in Maschine. Since most clips repeat more than a couple of time, it's not hard at all.

7. megapixel

megapixel Forum Member

8. smoovemode

smoovemode Forum Member

Mezz, I see what you're saying. But having to drag and drop one clip at a time was NOTHING of what I was referring to. Dude didn't understand what I was ORIGINALLY talking about. You are correct in say IT'S TEDIOUS and it's something I was hoping was fixed/updated in 2.0.

9. mezzurias

I see what you mean, but I'm not sure if what you are asking for is possible. Especially now that Maschine has unlimited groups. Who knows though.

10. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Did Skism get "tachy goes to Coventry"?

11. Salem Beats

Salem Beats Forum Member

Ah... Got temp-banned for making Jahrome feel bad, and then the mods took over in my stead. How ironic.

Here you go, Jahrome. I've been waiting for days to show you how to slice with the mouse in 1.8.2:

http://www.screencast.com/t/cBYlBRyjY7

It's a slightly different workflow than you're "accustomed" to (because of the need to sync the UI between the hardware and software). If you're more of a collector, as you claim to be, I can't imagine that you'd spend much time making music with the software. Hence, it's not like you have hours and hours of experience doing it "the other way" that you need to unlearn.

-Ki
    Salem Beats

12. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Yup, also sending Program and Bank changes (as per that video) from the Maschine hardware is easy (whether the Maschine software is running or not).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  13. Q. Shepard

Q. Shepard New Member

Will 2.0 allow for more chops than 32??
    because my chops usually end up around the 60-80 mark lol..

14. Skerj

Skerj NI Product Owner

You can currently do far more than 32 by clicking on the Add button, I've gone up to to 128 before I got tired of clicking.

15. Q. Shepard

Q. Shepard New Member

Oh alright perfect. Cant wait for this bad boy to drop.

16. brivaldo78

brivaldo78 NI Product Owner

O/T I guess, but why am I getting emails with videos showing me poor working practices within Maschine and ReCycle? I can't comment on the MPC stuff but would I be right to presume there are better ways to go about it there too?

Apologies to the Mods if I seem like I'm trolling but the vids that were posted were pretty much nonsense in the grand scheme of things.

17. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

So I just visited American Musical and they have an ad up for Maschine Studio with apparently comments from Saint Joe regarding improvements:
    1. Multicore support
    2. Unlimited Effects
    3. Unlimited Groups
    4. Mixer View
    5. Channel Strip View
    6. Multi-channel or multitimbral plugin support
    7. Additional MIDI Output ports and channels
    8. New/free plugins (drum synth, Massive, Reaktor prism, etc)
    9. Sample editing improvement
    10. Timeline format for sequences
    11. Import 3rd party presets
    12. High resolution, colored LCDs
    13. Dedicated buttons for most used functions
    14. Data wheel

What most interests me are the Mixer, Multitimbral plugin support, import 3rd party plugin presets, improved MIDI, dedicated buttons for frequently used functions, and the data dial. All of these are functions I spoke at great length about over the years.

And last but not least....Sample Editing. ;) I have been told that the 'poor working practices' I posted in the videos will be in Maschine 2.0. So we can add this to the growing list of features some have ranted against only for NI to later add them in an update. It is an awesome thing for companies to listen to they guys/gals that actually 'buy' and 'use' these products......

18. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Very interested in import 3rd party presets function. I've been asking for that for while now. Personally I think all software companies that bill their browser as a major feature should include this too (ie Ableton and Logic).

19. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

I'd love to see that too. Especially since I have that awesome Waldorf Largo.

20. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

You must have missed it. Maschine 2.0 adds the slicing workflow I am "accustomed" to....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.