1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine 2.0 and Maschine Studio

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Airyck, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdownesbaird

jdownesbaird Forum Member

No, you're actually proving his point. You kept talking about the need for this slicing workflow BEFORE we even knew what 2.0 could do. Again, people aren't against innovation or improvements to workflow. Most of the people who have been "arguing" with you were frustrated by your constant FEATURE REQUESTS in nearly every thread, and the fact that you seem to believe that your non-stop "suggestions" in a USER FORUM are responsible for every feature NI has added to Maschine since its inception.

2. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

This is a 2.0 thread. Since it isn't released and details are sparse, our only option is to discuss what we would like to see in the new update. Otherwise, there is nothing to discuss. There would be dozens of pages with "I can't wait until 1 Nov" and nothing more.

It is absurd for someone to be irritated by want another user wants in a product that he/she will spend his or her money on especially in a public forum. I am sure NI values feedback from all its 'customers'.....actual paying customers.

I have certainly not discussed FEATURE REQUESTS in every thread. I do give my feedback in threads related to software upgrades. I can't recall ever going off topic in any thread in my 8 years of being a forum member and NI product user.

I am happy that my suggestions have been included in 2.0. Who wouldn't be happy? They are features a lot of users want.

3. Salem Beats

Salem Beats Forum Member

I'm just frustrated that Jahrome requests features without fully understanding the features that already exist.

For example:

1. Requesting an "Event Editor" without realizing that there is a numerical editor for individual notes or groups of notes in the "select" menu.
    2. Requesting the ability to slice using the mouse without realizing that you can slice using the mouse just fine.
    3. Requesting the ability to browse VST presets without realizing that Maschine can already browse VST presets. "Maschine" presets and "VST" presets are accessed through different menus, and rightfully so: Maschine presets include knob mapping and tagging, and can include chains of plugins. VST presets don't/can't.
    4. etc. (I'm sure if I wasted time going back through the thread, I'd remember plenty of other good examples)

Even if the functionality and workflow isn't "precisely" what he wants down to the most minute detail, it's often closer than he thinks it is.

Jahrome talks about how he wants to be able to access every single function from the controller, implying that he doesn't want to touch the mouse, but then decides to complain about a mouse-workflow feature. He just wants to complain, because it gives him a "good" excuse for not making music with his gear. Easy to spot, recurring pattern of nit-picking.
    This isn't a personal attack -- it's relevant to the point I'm making.

-Ki
    Salem Beats

4. Salem Beats

Salem Beats Forum Member

I didn't miss it. That's why you'll see that I specified:

Maschine 1.8.2.

That's what we've been talking about.

-Ki
    Salem Beats

5. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

You are misrepresenting or misunderstanding what I would like to see. You are not adding anything of use to this narrative. You are merely focused on me and not the actual product.

1. I am fully aware that Maschine has an 'Event' editor. I gave numerous examples of products that have Event List Editors and how they contrast to Maschine. If I have time, I will post a video with examples.

2. It is clear in the video what I mean by slicing with a mouse. In the videos I posted, you can take your mouse and pinpoint exactly where you want the slice to go. Maschine 1.8 doesn't do this. NI added this much needed feature in 2.0, I'm told.

3. Maschine treats NI presets one way and 3rd party presets another way. It is not very intuitive the way Maschine 1.8 selects presets for 3rd party plugins. NI has just advertised that 3rd party presets can be imported in 2.0. While you wasting bandwidth debating...NI has added another feature that users like me have been looking for.

You haven't made a single good point. Apparently, NI has their ears to the ground and making improvements to the software to meet the needs of all their customers. It is a good thing they didn't limit their product based upon your whims. That is my point.

Now since they appear to have added most of the features I am talking about...it makes zero sense carrying on this topic with you.

I have a few other 'new' ideas I want to discuss as I am not sure if they will be in v2.x:
    1. Alternating looping
    2. MIDI program and bank changes
    3. Audio tracks
    4. Easy sampling with the unlimited FXs support
    5. Realtime timestretch and pitch shifting
    6. Import patch scripts of external hardware
    7. Adjustable sampling bit depth recording
    8. Mute Automation
    9. Easy drum layering per pad
    10. Full screen sound param editing

6. Salem Beats

Salem Beats Forum Member

Haven't you heard that nobody wants to discuss your "new ideas"?

Go put them in the FR sub-forum, where they belong. People who want to discuss "new ideas" know where to go.

-Ki
    Salem Beats

7. thronechild

thronechild NI Product Owner

Ok so I got a half answer from NI on my question of could you use mk1 along with studio at the same time. They replied: "This should be possible - it doesn´t really make that much sense, but it´s possible."

I think it would be cool for each controller to control a separate instance for two person jamming/live performance. Fingers are crossed.

8. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

Uhm guys, I've read the SaintJoe interview again. I guess he was referring to NI products when he said about importing VST presets.
    I bet NI would've marketed this awesome feature if it was endeed true. Let's not get carried away.

9. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

can any mod or anyone else tell me if there is a way to block this kind of crap?

10. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Click on user name > View profile > Add to ignore list

11. the hamburgler

alright then, thanks man.

12. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

Props

13. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

clearly the devs have been reading this forum and have made some last minute additions to features that were planned for 2.0. i am really shocked that this has happened.

sowari

14. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

The preset feature was misunderstood.
    To quote Saintjoe
    This is speaking of importing 3rd party and your own custom NI presets for the above synths. Have not tried this with Kontakt but with the others you can add a folder of presets to your user paths and Maschine 2 will pick them up in the browser with tags! Something we could not do with 1.8, you where stuck with factory presets only or you had to save 1x1.

15. Salem Beats

Salem Beats Forum Member

Just went to Jahrome's profile to do this, and saw his profile picture with an MPC Renaissance sitting on the hood of his car... Lol... how fitting...

-Ki
    Salem Beats

16. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

Thanks for clearing up the preset issue. But beat that topic to death so time to explore other functions.

1.8 made it hard for us hardware guys to incorporate them into Maschine so this is a welcomed new feature. Does it support sending MIDI Program and Bank Change (MSB/LSB) messages to external synths? How about routing MIDI to plugin instruments?
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?111680-MIDI-Galore

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?125634-Complete-SAMPLING-MODE-suggestions

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?111570-Improving-Sampling

http://www.native-instruments.com/f...8-Software-Destructive-Editing-Options-buried
    Hope I am not reading too much into Saint Joe's comments but overlapping slice markers is the Nondestructive Chopping (ASR-10, JJOS) is the feature many of us have been wanting for quite sometime. This feature alone is worth the upgrade. Now that question is if you can quickly apply processing (normalize, fade, pitchshift, etc) to individual slices?

17. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Maschine was hard to incorporate because you don't make music duh lol.

18. the hamburgler

it looks like the ignore list is only partially the answer, hopefully the mods will take up the slack of these rude people who have nothing to contribute but their negative comments.

19. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

Rude behavior is uncalled for. Focusing the conversation on the product and the product only will go a long way.

I just found out that Maschine Studio will be released in Japan on 1 Nov as well....which is a day ahead of the US. I think I will cancel my preorder from Sweetwater and just pick up Maschine here locally on the day it's released.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  20. Salem Beats

Salem Beats Forum Member

Lol...

Please don't quote him.

I have him on ignore list, but when you quote him, all of his FRs show up on my screen.

:'(

-Ki
    Salem Beats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.