1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

MASCHINE 2.12 and KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.5 - Out Now!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Paul Derrington

Paul Derrington New Member

Anyone having issues with the Komplete Kontrol 2.5.0 update? Mine fails every time and will not update.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fulgid

fulgid New Member

Ayy, nice! I've been playing with it for an hour or so and it seems really powerful. A couple questions / things I've noticed so far:
    • It looks like a clip splits if you place a scene on top of it. Is there/will there be a way to stitch the two clips back together again?
    • Is there/will there be a way to split a clip at the playhead?
    • Are there plans to streamline the workflow of recording into an audio module from the timeline? It's a bit awkward to create a clip, flip to the sampler, make sure it's set to "sync" and "free", then record.
    • Is there/will there be a way to turn a clip into a pattern other than copy/pasting the events?
    All in all I'm quite pleased. Need to spend more time with it and get fluent.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

The new Maschine 2.12 will not launch for me (macOS 10.15.6). The icon in the dock says "Application Not Responding" and the window never appears. There's nothing I can do but force quit the app. Tried it several times. The update completed successfully and I had no issues with the previous version.

Update: Komplete Kontrol does the same thing. I tried quitting the two NI background processes…doesn't help. Will try restarting.

Update 2: Maschine and Komplete Kontrol both work fine after restarting.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Mine was Uber wobbly FNAR but got there in the end.

5. Nir Kaufman

Nir Kaufman New Member

Thanks!
    So happy to hear about the JAM support :)

6. lavin80r

lavin80r New Member

Woo - hoo! They fixed the library scan issue that changed the 'last modified date'. This might not seem like the thing I should be most excited by as Clips is going to be great, but working between two devices was becoming a pain!

7. Stormchild

Took clips for a quick test run. Works really well, and of course all the new features are also accessible from the hardware. I recommend reading the new manual addendum to understand how everything works.

Congrats to NI for shipping this long-awaited feature. I wonder why they didn't change the version number to 2.5? This is a really big improvement that significantly expands what's possible in the sequencer.

Update: I see…they're using semantic versioning and the numbers increment by .1 for non-breaking feature updates, so Maschine 2.11.0 → 2.12.0, and Komplete Kontrol 2.4.0 → 2.5.0.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Paul Derrington

Paul Derrington New Member

Mine will not Install. I tried to do the reinstall. Will not work. I trashed Komplete Kontrol and tried to install it again and still would not install. This is just the new update. The other three apps updated without issue.

9. AZ Mills

AZ Mills NI Product Owner

Great to hear about this new version of Maschine!
    I will finally update to Mac OS High Sierra for this. I hope I don't break any more of my older 3rd party plugins. My MBP is model 11,3 so it may be the last OS update for this machine. It will probably be frozen in time. I need to save for the 16" now.

10. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Wow! This is huge. I mean really. I never said but always hoped about this for Super 8 - dedicated plug-in and scalable UI. You really made my day. And the choice to start with Super 8 for this new initiative is in my opinion a fantastic choice. :thumbsup:

We are already seeing a brighter future with all the stuff you have been releasing. It's 1st October already and pretty excited. Thanks again for the excellent efforts. We are with you. And congrats to the entire NI staff, today is a special day. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

thanks kai! about the extensive information, especially about jam... installed everything already (everything? yes some more products..)...
    gonna try it today!
    so maschine mk3 + jam stays a workflow ensemble..

great!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

I fully agree with LoveEnigma.

• Like Like x 2
  13. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

From the manual it looked like there was no hardware way to convert pattern to clip and vice versa.. ? (haven’t installed it yet myself)

14. Stormchild

It's a bit buried, but you can convert patterns to clips. While holding Shift + Loop, set the loop start/end points to enclose the pattern(s) you want to convert, then press the Convert button (third button above the left display).

You can also convert scenes to patterns. This is easy, as there's a dedicated button for it.

I don't see any way to convert clips to patterns. Will have to watch the video again.

15. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

it seems like there is not an option for that on the hardware which is a bit of a let down in an otherwise very worthy update. Hope the team fixes that. If there is, please enlighten us.

16. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Pointless update for your DAW users this absolutely brings nothing new to the table for daw work.. I already have a DAW that does this .. a Year of development and this is what you guys concentrate on.. smfh

• Dislike Dislike x 8
  17. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

It doesn't occur to you that many Maschine users have been calling for this type of facility for years?

• Like Like x 7
  18. DynaMaltee

DynaMaltee NI Product Owner

Yeeehaa Amazing! Thanks :):thumbsup:

19. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

it is not a DAW. it never was meant to be. it must not be a DAW. it must be maschine. that is the point. development was slow, yes. but:

aftertouch (or when we go Midi Spec; Channel Pressure; aftertouch in Midi Spec is polyphonic....)!!
    and all the bugs that rest in the backlog... fixes?

sorry to kill the buzz;

but i still like maschine, and my maschine mk3 + jam..... great stuff, me like. so, with all the limitations, o well, less limitations, me like me like (yes! yes! i will stop.) no i will not stop; limitation: Channel Pressure! and longstanding bugs. but: i can make miracle music with it......

(with clips, you would expect Channel Pressure, stop! stop!)

but this is great step forward. (although on my laptop, not on my desktop, it seems to rescan my IK multimedia plugins, everytime and some others. why? i troubleshoot first.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Stormchild

• Funny Funny x 4