MASCHINE 2.14 and MASCHINE+ 1.3 Updates

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

MASCHINE 2.14 and MASCHINE+ 1.3 Software Updates available now!

Hi all,

We are delighted to announce that MASCHINE 2.14 and MASCHINE+ 1.3 are now available to download on Native Access or MASCHINE+ via the System tab in the Settings.

This release contains a handful of new features, as well as compatibility improvements and maintenance changes. Numerous features of these releases are shared between MASCHINE, MASCHINE+ and KOMPLETE KONTROL. Full changelogs are visible in Native Access, and in the sticky forum posts.

After installing from Native Access, please ensure that any external storage devices containing content are connected when launching MASCHINE for the first time.

New for MASCHINE software and MASCHINE+

Poly Synth

Poly Synth is a recreation of NI’s Pro-53 synthesizer, available as an internal plug-in (via plug-in dropdown) for MASCHINE.

It has been built with MASCHINE+ and hardware control in mind. All parameters are available from hardware (though the software interface is simpler). A curated selection of 250 Sounds are available in an update to the MASCHINE Factory Library that is being made available in parallel and included in the MASCHINE+ update.

Features:
    • Up to sixteen voices - The number of voices can be set in the section labeled VOICES
    • Two oscillators
    • Multimode Filter
    • Two envelope generators
    • One LFO
    • Modulation and Polymod sections
    MIDI Changes
    The MIDI Change feature is now available from MASCHINE MK3/MASCHINE+ hardware via the SETTINGS > MIDI tab. This is mainly intended to allow MASCHINE+ users to trigger Scene/Section/Snapshot changes from an external MIDI device.

Arpeggiator Improvements
    MASCHINE’s arpeggiator is now on-par with KOMPLETE KONTROL as we’ve added the following parameters: Retrigger, Repeat, Offset, Inversion and Range. These can be accessed from MASCHINE MK3, MK2, Studio and KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 controllers.

New for MASCHINE software

Multi-Selection of Clips (MASCHINE)
    It is now possible to select multiple Clips simultaneously in software:

• Multi-Selection of Clips is a new concept that sits on top of the existing Focus concept in MASCHINE. A focused Group (that contains at least one Clip) will always have exactly one focused Clip. Even if multiple clips are ‘selected’, only one Clip within the selection will be ‘focussed’, and this can be changed by clicking on another Clip.
    • This is currently a software-only feature, and thus a multi-selection made in software will not be reflected on the display of connected hardware. Interactions made on hardware will only affect the focussed clip, and not the multi-selection in software.
    The full list of interactions will be published in an addendum to the manual.

Kontakt VST3 hosting

The VST3 version of Kontakt can now be used in MASCHINE. Please note that the VST3 versions of the 15 recently-released FX plug-ins are not yet supported in MASCHINE, and thus we have removed the ability to load them (to avoid potentially losing data). This will be addressed in a future update. The VST2 versions of these FX are still fully supported.

Apple Silicon Support
    MASCHINE software can now be used on Apple Silicon computers when Rosetta 2 has been installed (this is available from the app store):

• To use MASCHINE standalone, simply launch the application as normal.
    • To use MASCHINE as a plug-in, ensure your DAW is compatible with Apple Silicon in Rosetta mode. Then, launch your DAW using Rosetta (right-click on DAW application in Finder > Get Info > Open using Rosetta).
    Other additions and changes
    • It is now possible to save presets from MASCHINE MK3 controllers.
    • The Browser tag ‘Urban’ has been changed to ‘Hip Hop’, and ‘Enabled’ / ‘Disabled’ have been changed to ‘On’ / ‘Off’.

New for MASCHINE+

Save Plug-In Presets
    You can now save presets of instruments and FX directly from MASCHINE+ by holding SHIFT and pressing soft button 4. This is also available from the MASCHINE MK3 hardware now.

Other additions and changes
    • Product licenses are checked on launch (a reset to resolve activation issues of included products is no longer required)
    • Fixed an issue where formatting an external USB device does not work
    • Fixed some cases where Kontakt / Reaktor may not play sound when loading a project
    • Fixed an issue where certain products would appear as “update available” even though they are up to date
    • Fixed an issue where the welcome project fails to load
    • The library tab can be scrolled using knob 8
    • The audio Interface default is no longer affected by hot-plugging
    • The EFI partition on external drives is now hidden from the storage page
    • FM8, Raum and Phasis no longer need to be downloaded separately
    • Text changes to the storage mode page
    What to expect next
    The rest of the year will be primarily on maintenance and compatibility updates, with features occasionally sprinkled in when opportunities arise. Whilst the exact development and release cadence has not been finalised, we are looking at additional VST3 hosting (NI, NKS and 3P), a VST3 plug-in target for MASCHINE, and continuing to add support for Apple Silicon computers and macOS Monterey (which is expected around autumn).

Finally, we’d like to share a brief reminder that at all times, we are simultaneously maintaining our released products, whilst also investing into our tech stack and in some cases a future generation of products. Whilst there is nothing specific to share yet, we are hoping to bring exciting updates in the not-too-distant future.

Best,

Kai and the Music Production Team

• Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Handed

Handed NI Product Owner

Awesome, looking forward to checking it out.

“Product licenses are checked on launch” - Does this mean the M+ has to stay online or check in frequently? Are there any changes to aeroplane mode? My M+ is offline most of the time. Will it try to authenticate every time I go online? What if there is a bad or slow connection when I turn on the device? Will my products fail to load?

3. djadidai

djadidai NI Product Owner

Wohoooo!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. djadidai

Trying to download update on M+, but it says “failed” on the screen. Why is this happening on my M+?

Everything updated and running on my MBP M1!

Attached Files:

5. imagevoice

imagevoice NI Product Owner

Maschine+ still fails to download the update. NI Access runs fine and already installed everything new.

6. sofiafile

sofiafile New Member

Super Kool~~~ Thanks for your hard work!
    I'll test out M+ 1.3 tonight~~~ Lalala~~

7. Sedat Senguel

Sedat Senguel NI Product Owner

That’s awesome! Thanks guys! Will load and test it after work.

have a nice day y‘all!

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Awesome news, I really like the new poly synth.

Uwe

9. djadidai

Downloads for M+ is working now!

10. Tom Mosler

Tom Mosler NI Product Owner

Missed Pro-53 a lot. Not anymore :D Great update!

11. Tony Stubbings

Tony Stubbings New Member

Great stuff, thanks very much! :)

12. djadidai

The Poly Synth is freakin awesome!!!
    My next project almost everything will be made with drum synth, bass synth and poly synth!! Wohooo!!! Maschine+ FOREVER!!!

13. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,
    sorry - we had an issue with a server setting which resulted in the update for MAS+ being shown, but failed to install.
    This is resolved now and should be working.

Regarding activation Handed:
    No, this has a different background. If the products are activated once, they will create local information on this and don't need to be rechecked / you don't need to be online after the initial activation. We added this because in some cases when we had activation issues for some users, they would have to factory reset their units, resulting in loss of i.e. favourites. By adding this, we can resolve license issue for affected people without needing a hard reset. This was also related to cases where Reaktor would not play Sound properly due to the factory library not being correctly activated.
    Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 5
  14. djadidai

Yo Kai!! Is it safe so start adding sounds to “favorites”? I did it in 1.2.13(14?) but had to do a factory reset, and haven’t had the courage since! Will my favorites disappear with a new update like the one today??

15. imagevoice

imagevoice NI Product Owner

Yep - now it works :D:cool::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Updating will not affect your favourites. A reset would still do that, but it is safe for you to install the update without your stored data being affected.

• Like Like x 2
  17. djadidai

Imagine the hours spent going through literally all categories and favorite everything I liked:) that was before second baby was born though, but now I know I can do it, even if a little at a time:) thanks!!

18. Glenn Sweeney

Glenn Sweeney New Member

Working great for me!

19. Handed

Handed NI Product Owner

Thanks for the info Kai, appreciate it. Good news about not needing constant online checks, very consumer friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. djadidai

Kai @ NI one last thing that just popped up in my mind but don’t have the opportunity to read full details in native access. Has anything been done with the midi clock both send/receive ?? I had some issues with 1.12.15.