Maschine 2.6.6 is here

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by BuleriaChk, Jul 3, 2017.

1. FastGraph

FastGraph NI Product Owner

So I guess groove templates will be up for the next release??? Sweet!!! o_O

2. motionscreen

motionscreen NI Product Owner

That´ll be GREAT!

3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I said i would be quite sonce the routing update ..thanks d one for the tutorial not.. a fan of the routong overall that due to im use to using hardware such as the MPC with on-board MTC.. it will do.. as far as the update.. hmm, oh, maybe, yes, idk, wtf, why, anything else..haha good job but i really have not use the ideas view yet.. oh well im old family **** u know hahah

4. netchose

netchose Forum Member

for me a good improvement would be to have the possiblity to set sound macro from any parameter of the sounds of the current group: like a group macro.
    for now you have a midi track routed on other sound you can only control parameters of the target with midi cc : only 127 values :(

---
    To work with multiple parameters on a macro(in mux modular), I can say that poses a problem when you want automat a parameter that is already controlled by a macro button with multiple pameters : so I think this will never be implemented

5. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

First i saw "..macro.." i thought now it is possible to select macro from hardware and/or assign multiple parameters to one macro.. But unfortunately it is not.
    Still useful though. It was PITA making makros, now it is quite easier.

3 things for ideas wiew. for Jam
    1 thing, Native access for NI
    1 thing (macro) is for maschine.

This is %20 maschine update. Since i have seen %0 (updates with gifts but no improvements) i can say we are liiiiitle bit better..

6. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Completely agree but it's been years since this has been pointed out an NI doesn't seem to care much about tit. Personally I would love them make it as easy and as intuitive as Kore. Kore I miss you so! :(

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yep. Especially since Traktor already has an amazing macro capabilities, porting it to Maschine shouldn't be that hard.

8. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

No low-hanging fruit :(. Just more realization that NI's development resources have gone on a tangent since Jam was released. No automation, piano roll or pattern/scene naming improvements not to mention song mode or time stretch. The ideas view thing probably helps Jam owners but really does little for me as a 4x4 owner. It's really just a point and click pattern view that is awkwardly connected to the time line. I'll stick with Ableton's session view and drum racks for now, thank you

• Like Like x 2
  9. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

One of the overlooked benefits of Ideas is it allows you to freely remove scenes from the timeline without permanently deleting them. You can keep the timeline tidy without experimental scenes in the way. It is there to allow you to experiment with different arrangements more easily. It also was meant to help facilitate a real time scene performance recording feature that is still yet to be seen.

For example, you can keep it focused on the Arranger View and add, remove and link scenes in the timeline at will from scene mode. They are still safe in Ideas to be used later without cluttering up the timeline.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  10. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Just cluttering up the alternative non-timeline Ideas View. :p

But seriously, I get why you and others appreciate that side of it. It's pretty much always been how I've used the Arranger anyway e.g., pockets of Scenes that go together, being arranged as I create more and experiment.

I would actually think a lot more of the Ideas View if there was an option to link the Scenes and Sections, so when I do remove a Section, it also deletes the corresponding Scene. It would be much better for me personally this way.

I also think Ideas View really needs at least basic timeline/looping. And repositioning Scenes from the controller...

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Still no support for aftertouch?

• Like Like x 2
  12. b-righteous

Some option to nuke the scene completely from arrange would be good. shift+erase+scene or even erase+scene.
    Sort scene position should be on controller too.

13. b-righteous

Unfortunately no, be sure that something like that would be in the update status.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Ridiculous!

• Like Like x 1
  15. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

Mines on eBay buy it later

16. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

As a Studio user who likes to use the controller only whenever possible, I still don't like that there's seemingly no way to create any macros via the controller..

Am i wrong? Seems like an oversight.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Stressed

Stressed NI Product Owner

I don't have a Jam, and I want one now... but I'm waiting for a white version. I'll have to study this update for when I finally purchase one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Arthur Holloway

Michael Arthur Holloway NI Product Owner

lol @ everyone getting angry and bitchy because NI dared to release an update that only had a few useful things in it and not all the stuff you personally think it should have. I mean really, the NERVE of these guys, adding functionality but not what every single individual in the forum was waiting for!

it's a small update, cool. try not to lose so much sleep over it, guys.

19. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Yeah sure, people who have been crying out for basic fixes and features for years and years should forget about it.. Way over a year ago (after people started screaming from the rooftops) NI said they would be addressed with more regular updates.. little came of that.. a few token gestures and a new controller to complicate things. Many signed up to a beta programme and were silensed.

So sure.. stop moaning.. it will probably never happen.

• Like Like x 3
  20. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2