maschine 2.8.3 update + firmware

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Howl, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

update 2.8.3 is available.

it gave me a notification that there is new firmware for maschine mk3.

EDIT: i do not see any release notes yet. also nothing about the firmware..
    i went in my case from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3, the firmware version.

2. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I think the firmware notification was supposed to happen in all other versions but somewhere along the lines stopped working without anyone noticing. This is the first occaission I have noticed getting a firmware update notification.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

The firmware update adresses the "blue dots" issue - where the hardware displays for MAS and KK would show some blue artefacts in some cases.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

alright, never noticed that. but always glad, that something is fixed.

7. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey hey.

We'll make sure to add some notes regarding the firmware to the Changelog recursively. What Mick @ NI says is accurate. This was the reason for the firmware update.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Arthur Holloway

Michael Arthur Holloway NI Product Owner

Why does NI staff keep chiming in here every handful of months to tell us absolutely nothing of value and ignore all the things that people have wanted to know for literally years at this point? Are they really THAT out of touch with their users?

9. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Thanks for posting Kai,
    Yes, some us are frustrated with the pace and past lack of communication, but I also believe in watering the flowers more than the weeds, so just a shout out to say 'thanks' and keep it coming :)

• Like Like x 5
  10. mabobo

mabobo New Member

Updated, wonder why.....big regrets....now I have sync issues, no sync out anymore...whish I could downgrade!! Is the older FW still available somewhere?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  11. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

So this update fixes 16 bugs from last update.. now you post a bug on this update.. sounds like they need to start hiring capable software engineers.. who checks there work.. who drinking on the job.. to be happen to announce 16 screwups from your last update is a joke..

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  12. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

FIXED Maschine was crashing when loading a group with a JAM controller plugged in

This one continues to make me chuckle.
    Poor ol JAM owners.

13. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Its like bring your kid to work day at NI.. who is in charge.. real question who should be fired.... when the updates are announced they should also put up Help wanted!

14. Medusafro

Medusafro New Member

after this update i can no longer see anything that came with maschine mk3.i can only see my 3rd party vst ,drum kits.
    anyone else facing this problem? everything was working fine before the update

edit - forget this post, as i was typing a report to the support team i tried scanning the software again and lo and behold everything is back as it should be.dont no what was the delay was as i had shutdown my comp and scanned yesterday to a plank database and hardware screen but at last back to what i know

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  15. Schmirk

Schmirk New Member

Just updated to Maschine 2.8.3 major issues already! specially with Komplete Kontrol A49, when i press Metronome it pauses, and when i quit Maschine the keyboard stay lit, i tried to quit the HardwareAgent from Activity Monitor Mac OS X Mojave, and don't blame Mojave neither, still not working properly. What kind of updates are these? What's going on guys?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Schmirk

Schmirk New Member

I'm a have to agree with you a 100%

17. mabobo

mabobo New Member

Same here! So NI, or NI-team members: where are your anwers/solutions???? It's very quit overhere....
    Can you at least put a link to the previous FW/software so users can decide for themselves if they upgrade or have the possibility to downgrade....

• Like Like x 2
  18. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

The only way to revert to previous version (according to that kai dude) is to contact support, 2.6.8 is still in legacy downloads tho. hahah

19. Mike Maron

Mike Maron New Member

guess same issues here...thought it might be maschine 2.8.3, but i downgraded to 2.8.2, however, same problems...so it must be an issue with the new firmware!? holy moly!

20. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

Rolling back, after you see the "Update" is more aggravating than useful (lol). Thats like telling a waiter (after starting the main course) "can you please take this sh!t back & bring me some more of the appetizers" .. these Master Chefs are very temperamental. they don't care if what they're serving you is not useful (it doesn't matter that you paid for it).. they just want to see you eat it.. and stomach the complications.