Maschine 2.8 "The Future of sound"

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by OGTracks, Jan 24, 2019.

1. OGTracks

OGTracks NI Product Owner

:) So after waiting for so long Native Instruments will finally deliver their promises on Maschine 2.8. What are your thoughts about the new "BIG UPDATE". ;) Please be kind.

upload_2019-1-24_11-47-4.png

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Poor sound..it's probably having to have counselling about it's future if it hasn't already hung itself...............................................

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

The Future of Sounds.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RustyShakleforde

RustyShakleforde NI Product Owner

Man... NI are a funny bunch. The general sentiment with sounds.com is that though a smart enough idea, its not of high interest for the bulk of long term users. Or am i wrong? If im right its all a little contemptuous.
    Its weird i have no feelings towards most companies, I understand how business works, but NI really irritate me. I honestly wish i had never bought into their products now. And it can be said that ive had my use of the things i like, and that nothings stopping me continuing with them, but just all the promises and bait and switches have me really disapointed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

The sad thing is there are still things that are good about the products but they are nowhere near as good as they could (should) be and NI's attitude towards its users does no one any favours least of all them.

• Like Like x 4
  6. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

I like the new design for the Komplete Audio interfaces.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. RustyShakleforde

RustyShakleforde NI Product Owner

Agreed, man

• Like Like x 1
  8. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

What are your thoughts about the new update?

René

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I'll say this much: if the revenue generated by sounds.com means more features, i.e. song layer, support of Jam, MCU coming to KKMK2 as it was in the first-gen product then it can only be a good thing. Otherwise, I think this is a fairly public declaration of making products for hobbyists rather than serious professionals. Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 2
  10. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I want to be optimistic and believe that... but it's hard to understand how something like the song layer can be pushed back for 3 years for lack of money, it doesn't add up. :(

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OGTracks

At least is coming soon. :confused:

upload_2019-1-25_8-57-32.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. bobbyduracel

bobbyduracel NI Product Owner

Meanwhile InMusic... Is killing it.

13. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

One more Keyboard -> jipp.... krrr... ächz.. grumml
    I better should look for more expansions. I just own only 1.999 drum sounds. There‘s one punchy kick missing. Please...

Someone should ring a bell!

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. bobbyduracel

bobbyduracel NI Product Owner

I was a bit concerned when the trend appeared to be leaning towards Sounds integration in Maschine, versus other things... I hoped they would add lots of other features ahead of/with the Sounds integration. Hmm.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OGTracks

NI has not even finished developing Maschine 2.8 and they are already announcing it just so people know they are in the loop with all that new hardware and software their competitors are releasing even if you go to their development beta testing community site they are still testing
    Maschine Beta Release - 2.7.11.670 why rush it? or advertise it as a "Big Update" when it's not.

16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Because it's NAMM month when most Music companies announce whats to be released soon...
    Avoid sharing details of what happens in beta :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

"The Future of Sound", because it's always Koming Soon™. It's funny to me that a lot of people on the forum tell others to only buy products for what they currently are rather than what they will be, and that's all very well, but it's misleading for NI to focus on what's maybe coming at some nebulous point down the line rather than what it currently does.

It just doesn't feel professional to be doing things that way. If there was a public roadmap, I'd have a very different opinion on NI. With all the major tools we use, we always have a roadmap of what's next with an estimated quarterly timeframe, or perhaps even a definitive month when it'll ship.

Whilst other companies are marketing what their software and hardware already does, NI are marketing things that may as well not even be tangible in any shape or form yet. Just my two cents. Does this remind anybody of Sony with the PSP and the promised GPS and other accessories that were postponed for years and poor when they eventually shipped?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

I like :thumbsup:

19. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Well, as I’m sure you may already know, but NI did try that roadmap approach in here with us. We all seen how that turned out.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

It almost never works for companies that do it. But there are exceptions.

Microsoft, of all companies, has been recently handling it rather well on Uservoice, for some of their products. They don’t promise anything but do provide feedback on all requests, giving statuses like “Under review”, “Backlog” (yeah, this one’s ironic), “Under development” etc. But not just that, they also say when something isn’t going to be implemented and state their reasons. Looks very professional and engages users in a very constructive way mostly.

However, their user base for those products is a very different crowd, and I bet they have a team dedicated to this and spent some time and money setting it all up.

• Like Like x 1