Bug Maschine 2.8+ User sample icon / thumbnails require vendor to be "Native Instruments"

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by k5beats, Mar 19, 2019.

1. k5beats

k5beats New Member

Has anyone else experienced this? When I updated to 2.8 I lost all my images I created for the sample packs that I have. This is what it looks like now. Is there a fix to this issue? So far, I have reinstalled Maschine and reset the database and nothing seems to work. Its not a big deal but the images helped me go to the sample library I was after quicker.

Thanks!
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Tags have changed in 2.8, now you have to define if samples are loops or one shot in order for the custom thumbnails to be displayed.

Try this:
    • the new thing in 2.8 is you also need to change the vendor name to ‘Native Instruments’ PROPERTIES in the tagging options.
    • In the ALL ONE SHOTS folder, select your folder library and/or all the samples within that folder, and click the EDIT button near the bottom:
    [​IMG]

Then go to the Vendor tab under PROPERTIES in the tag manager, select 'NATIVE INSTRUMENTS’ from the drop down and hit APPLY

[​IMG]

• You can also add your custom images to the LOOP section by selecting the sample (in ALL ONE SHOTS), clicking the GENERAL tab and change to LOOP. Then change the vendor to NATIVE INSTRUMENTS in the properties section (as above).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. k5beats

k5beats New Member

Thanks D-One. I tried both ways and it didn't seem to work I still get the same blank native instruments default wave icon in one shots and in loop. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

4. D-One

Well... Not sure, what do you mean by "reset database" on your original post?

5. k5beats

k5beats New Member

Sorry about that. It was a poor choice of words. I meant that I deleted the playlist I believe. In doing so, after I restarted Maschine, it was supposed to reindex everything. It did, just not the artwork. Its really not a big deal but I spent a lot of time in "iconmaschine" creating them. I hope I made sense on what I did.

6. D-One

The instructions are from iconmaschine actually:
    https://iconmaschine.com/faq

Reinstalls never fix anything altho people constantly recommend it for everything, I don't know what you mean by "playlist" either but don't do that again, re-scan the user library in the preferences if your intent is to try regenerating user related libraries.

I just tried and in order for a thumbnail to show for me, I had to both pick Oneshot/Loop and also set "Native Instruments" as a Vendor, like so:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (nevermind a guitar being displayed for a kit name flute, it was just a quick example)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. k5beats

k5beats New Member

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate your time. Here is what I am doing. Perhaps I am missing something. I tried to upload a small video but I cant on the forum. Anyway, I just uploaded a 4MB video of what I am doing on dropbox. Here is the link...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfnpvssgo8emmfm/maschine.mp4?dl=0

Thanks again!
    -Chris

8. D-One

Try adding "Native Instruments" as the "Author" too as I did, look at my previous post screenshots carefully.

9. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

was there a fix? because ive updated too 2.8 today and i didnt have to change the vendor to NI at all....

maybe it's Mac related?

10. k5beats

k5beats New Member

It may be mac related. I still haven't been able to fix the issue though. Pretty frustrating. The funny part is that it really isn't a big deal not being able to see the graphics that I spent a lot of time on but now that I can't see the icons, I want to see them more.

11. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Strangley I never had issue until today even if I didn't update anything... Now all my icons are gone too....Pure NI style

12. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Following D one procedue fixed it for me , but still, I don't see why it should be so...pretty annoying

13. k5beats

k5beats New Member

Somehow I was never able to fix my issue and never heard from NI so I started searching Facebook marketplace and found a Ableton Push 2 for $400. I bought it and like it a lot and the integration is tight. While I am not dissing NI, I do think I will stay with the Push 2 and sell my MK3 and Mikro.

14. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

This fixed the issue for me thanks D-One My only warning, if you have a large user library full of samples you might want to wait until you have some down time. I have a large user library and it took 2 passes and over 5 hours to scan. On the plus side the issue was resolved and browsing 3rd part samples doesn't seem to be as slow now but I haven't tested that enough to know for sure.

15. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

Same problem here. I have a large library. After 2.8.3 upgrade all my icons for my User Sample libraries are gone. Also the tagging has changed of course affecting several thousand samples. What a massive screw up on NI's part. Seems they are really pushing "sounds.com". I also don't like the split in sample libraries between one shot and loop. I had them all together as it was easier to manage. Just another reason to wonder how much longer I will leverage machine. Why does the Vendor/Author have to be "Native Instruments". Most all my user sample libraries which I purchased from 3rd party vendors are not "NI". In order fix remove the problem I had to "remove" the link to the directory path to my "User Library". Hell of a lot better than "mass delete" that would not just remove from the database but my DISC. (are you kidding NI). BTW: I use a MacBook Pro.

16. D-One

The vendor/thumbnail issue affects everyone using 2.8+, I was told it wasn't broken on purpose so it's pretty much a bug and I'll tag this thread accordingly.

17. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

I appreciate that D-One. Lets hope we have a proper fix and instruction soon.