1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice
  2. You can find all the latest news on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 compatibility for our products here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013515618

Dismiss Notice

Maschine 2.8...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mr36, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/2019/for-the-music-in-you/

• Like Like x 1
  2. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...yeah...we needed more sounds.com...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  4. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

Did I misunderstand or is the library going to be smaller at 1.6 gigs than the factory library they have now which sits at 8 Gigs? Or is “essentials” in addition to the factory content?

5. BigPictureSound

Also I was really hoping to read “now able to assign more than one pattern from a group to a scene”. I am not really interested in community sound depots including splice or anything else. If this helps get more people into maschine, then great. I just hope the “baked in” part doens’t mean built in ads for it like sound pack promos or such. They are hopefully going to be very classy about it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

with deafkon i hope it is not intrusive, that direct access.. i do not need it.. that's not to say, that people will like it.

but a major update? i still love maschine, working with it, but i also want to some improvements or "fixes". o barking to the tree! i am going to make some music.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamie77

Jamie77 New Member

I hope we can disable the sounds.com stuff. I swear if I get popups suggesting sounds.com microtransactions when I'm browsing my library I'll burn all of my NI stuff with thermite. I want to say I trust NI to be decent about it, but no.... not after they told us they were abandoning song mode indefinitely in favor of this garbage.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
  8. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

The M32 looks interesting to me, as long as the DAW integration is there. A small keyboard is always handy to have kicking around

Ah ... just read this in the blurb about it .. "Cubase and Nuendo integration coming in a future update to the KOMPLETE KONTROL software."

D'oh !!!!!!

Mike

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. wetdentist

if only NI could convert the touch strips into little screens that show off all the hot new sounds that are missing from our sounds.com library

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

I fail to see anything else but good news here. As it said in the leaked email that they will prioritize sounds.com integration and after will work on adding features to Maschine. It would be completely crazy not to capitalize further on the awesome hardware they have released. They have the keyboards and controllers they just have to fix the software.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. wetdentist

at this point, i think NI would sooner discontinue Maschine than they would actually fix the software & provide promised updates.
    remember when Kore got too hard?
    but as long as Maschine can launch samples and loops from sounds.com that new users will find cool enough to buy (i.e. democratizing music production), we will have "Maschine"

• Like Like x 8
  13. AndriusDK

By no means I will advocate NI as I am pissed as much as everyone here. Just I don't see why would they release so much quality hardware and work on integration of sounds.com (which is also a pretty big feat on its own) and wouldn't be able to release the Song Layer? I think they will deliver although slower than we would want but with all the ecosystem they have built a few missing features from maschine doesn't seem to be too big of development for them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

I don’t See nothing about new features?
    What about iMaschine iOS app will there be a sound.com integrating with iMaschine app?

I also notice that if i’m Starting my audio interface together with Maschine is the way Maschine recognizes my audio interface for example, Maschine doesn’t recognizes my audio interface if I don’t start it it up together with Maschine

Just a few answers
    Shalawam

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. OGTracks

OGTracks NI Product Owner

I can't believe they had the audacity to write "3 Big updates" when every single user knows its a lie. Yes, it is 2019 and We are still waiting on the song layer and every single feature that was promised. NI clearly has decided to go a different direction leaving us all behind. I believe it is time to stop supporting their products (Sales) until they take a chance to listen to us. I will I don't know about you guys. but enough is enough.

upload_2019-1-24_11-32-6.png

• Like Like x 8
  16. Leif Hallberg

Leif Hallberg NI Product Owner

I send a mail to the support about my missing 8GB library thats supposed to come with the JAM... over a month ago and I haven't heard a peep from them.

17. AndriusDK

It will be so interesting to see what NI will do. Either release song layer and other promised features in version 2.9. Either in 3.0 but as a paid update. Why do I think its the later?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Trickle2007

Trickle2007 NI Product Owner

Well, because with the beginning of bundling Komplete Keyboards with Ableton 10 LE, they give us the direction...?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

If there was good news it would be that the problems with the keyboards were being addressed as would be the problems with the software but there's no mention of that. Nice though that you have faith in their addressing issues after Sounds.com. Some might call that naive and optimistic but I couldn't possibly comment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BigPictureSound

Don’t remind me of Kore- that still brings a tear to my eye. 1000.00 usd deprecated in less than a year and a half after purchase. Took a good year to learn the thing fully inside and out.

I will say that I don’t think they will abandon the maschine package, it’s a seriously amazing piece of gear. From the browser to the performance options with scales and chords, the tight integration with Komplete and expansions, plus adding a jam controller- it really is incredible.

The only issues I have are with the arranger. However, I recently purchased Bitwig and now trigger all sounds in maschine with bitwigs own midi, and also handle automation with Bitwig as well (which adds amazing modulation options on top). The integration is so tight, you can create a template and just call it Maschine 3.0. And Jam’s official NI script for Bitwig adds the performance layer back in that is scarified when bypassing machines own built in scenes. Finally found a combo that I am really happy about.

• Like Like x 6