Maschine 2 and Auto Tune?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Ghost_On_Da_Maschine, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

Is anyone out there running Auto Tune with the Maschine 2.0 software?
    It works fine with Maschine 1.8 but can't get the plugin to register in the 2.0 software.

The manager does actually scan it but still doesn't register if in the manager.

After spending time with Antares tech support they said it could be that Auto Tune EVO is simply not compatible with the Maschine 2.0 software and since they don't actually support Maschine as a host they can't test it out.

So if you are able to use Auto Tune in Maschine 2.0 what version are you using?

Thx

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Have you checked that both is 64bit or 32 bit? If the plugin is 32bit and you start 64 bit maschine it won't show up for example.

Uwe

3. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

I was fiddlin' with the thought to buy me "the" autotune, since I didn't found counterpart inside the Komplete universe.
    Anyway, I'm sticking to this. wanna know what the solution is...

4. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Autotune 8 is also VST3 so that maybe another reason.

5. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

I run only 32 bit never 64 bit anything.

We were troubleshooting Auto-Tune EVO that's prior to Auto-Tune 8 thus the reason it works in Maschine 1.8 .

Thx anyway, appreciate you guys responding.

It just appears something changed on NI's end since it works in 1.8 but doesn't work in any version of 2.x

6. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

And you also run a 32bit environment? I mean, yes I totally understand that you are keeping the setup running stable, but 2018 is near and 32bit is something we did back almost two decades ago. What does keepyou trapped in the 32bit world?

Erm, Maschine 2.0 was a total rewrite, since NI realized they stuck in a deadend. So, I would say they changed a lot, but kept the UI :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

I still have some plugins that aren't 64 bit that I use for very defined reasons and I have never had a situation where my setup fell short on horsepower so no need to bother .
    I also use separate laptops one is for Traktor/Serato and the other Maschine/LIVE/MPC/Pro Tools with cloned backup computers of each so if something goes wrong I just use it's twin.

When I said change I meant NI changed something with the way it handles VSTs when they did 2.0 not changes in the overall software.

8. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Hm, this is something NI should answer.
    Maybe it is the perfect timing to open up a Ticket, I guess?

9. Paulocks

Paulocks NI Product Owner

You can use apps like patchwork by blue cat to load vst 3 into machine, there are other wrapper and chainer plugins that can do this type of thing

10. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

It's time to bite the bullet and dump 32 bit altogether.

"I still have some plugins that aren't 64 bit that I use for very defined reasons"
    So did most of us, we found better 64 bit alternatives. 32 bit plugins don't take full advantage of your computers resources and your 64 bit operating system. It also reduces stability.

Also you are far better off using native VST2 than VST3 wrappers (a waste of resources if anything).

32 bit software is pretty much at the end of the line. Ableton for instance dropped their 32 bit version. It's pretty much at the back of the queue when it comes to support and testing regardless.

11. CakeAlexS

12. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

I suspect Ableton discontinued 32 bit Live more for their own benefit as opposed to the benefit of their customers.

For years Ableton's advice to users was to use the 32 bit version unless running large sample libraries.

As far as I know, memory in excess of 4GB is the only extra computer resource used by 64 bit programs.

13. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

waves makes a auto tune app called waves tune you can use and now you can get it at a fraction of the price of autotune.. waves tune works very well. i use an external hardware version of autotune instead of the software when i need it perfect.

wavestune works fine with maschine 2.6 and is designed for musicians.

you cannot beat this deal... https://www.waves.com/bundles/vocal

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  14. CakeAlexS

a) Costs $$ testing and developing.
    b) Costs $$ supporting a less and less stable platform.
    c) Dev tools will start to have same issues as (a) and (b).
    d) 32 bit customer are very much in the minority, and it's not like they MUST stay on 32 bit. Likewise nobody is forcing them to upgrade.

I don't know what Ableton's advise was but it is certainly no longer relevant.

The 4GB is a huge limitation esp running DAW software. Using 32 bit sandboxes for plugins on 64 bit software is not a good use of resources and also bad for stability and performance.

15. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

you can still use a legacy version of live to run the legacy 32bit plug ins if you need to... the main issue with lack of support is that some projects will be missing that when you open them if they used 32 bit plugs.... and if you start using 64bit, you cannot go back sometimes... what you have to do is use the legacy version with the 32 bit plugs, render your files or samples wth the 32bit effects, then save the audio files. call it a legacy bounce.

16. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

Yes A, B and C sounds like something that will benefit Ableton (and looking at my quote to upgrade from suite 9 to suite 10 it doesn't appear that they are passing on any savings to their customers).

32 bit Live is not inherently any less stable than 64 bit Live. If you are running 64 bit Live on a computer with only 4GB memory and use RAM mode for all sample playback you are just as likely to get an out of memory crash as a 32 bit user.

I disagree that running a DAW on 4GB is a huge limitation. It depends entirely on what sound sources you are using.

17. CakeAlexS

LOL I don't know how you are measuring "passing savings onto customers" - are you expecting a price decrease? That will be a first. Development will be better and faster for 64 bit users end of story, that's the advantage. That benefits Ableton and it's customers, not an either/or.

4Gb is more or less what you generally need to run a modern OS nowadays without performance degradation, so if you aren't running at least an 8Gb system you're pretty much kicking yourself up the ass, esp if you are using plugins. Or just run Windows For Workgroups on MS DOS perhaps that will be fine.

Not sure what you mean by "sound sources", plugins are pretty resource hungry nowadays, and if you are running 32bit plugins within 64 bit applications (sandboxed) they are even more resource hungry (and less stable).

As I said 32 bit Live does not exist after version 10, forget stability I would call that the end of the road, expect other DAWs to follow. Alternatively like I say just never upgrade.

18. CakeAlexS

19. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

Most modern plug-ins are CPU resource hungry, as opposed to having huge memory requirements.

Only large sample based plug-ins, which require to be fully loaded into RAM, as opposed to being drip fed from disc, require lots of memory. Also, the introduction of SSDs will have reduced the requirement for samples to be completely loaded into RAM.

I have 16GB of RAM on my PC and run both 64 and 32 bit versions of Live 9 (and 10 beta). I invariably work in 64 bit Live and only keep 32 bit Live for one plug-in, which I used a lot in old projects. However, every project I have created in 64 bit Live runs just as well in 32 bit Live, and I do use sample based sounds as well as VA and hardware synths. Of course I do appreciate that some peoples projects will be RAM intensive.

My upgrade price to Live 10 is significantly more than my upgrade price from 8 to 9, even though that was a greater upgrade (e.g. I got Max for Live) and it came in both 64 and 32 bit versions.

I repeat Ableton are dropping 32 bit support for their benefit not their customers (i.e. they are pushing their customers in the direction that suits them). Mind you 32 bit Live 9 will always exist.:)

20. Paulocks

Paulocks NI Product Owner

The man was looking for a solution or work around Cakey. Not saying ideal. But might let the man get the job done. :)