1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice
  2. You can find all the latest news on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 compatibility for our products here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013515618

Dismiss Notice

Maschine 2 Software Freezing

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Camyroon, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Camyroon

Camyroon New Member

Operating System: Windows 7
    Maschine Version: 2.9.2
    Controller Model: MK3
    Controller Firmware version: 1.4.5
    Driver Version: 5.0.1
    Bug description: Maschine 2 software, MK3 and Windows OS freeze after short use. I can move mouse but I cannot click on anything and the computer keyboard does not work. If the bug happens while music is playing it becomes stuck repeating a section of about 1/64. I am required to manually restart the PC.
    List of exact steps to produce the bug: This bug occurs either when I load a group or after 10 minutes of using the software.

I noticed this problem since I installed the latest firmware. I have reinstalled the MK3 drivers, reinitialized the Maschine 2 database, optimised real time audio processing and ensured windows is up to date.

I feel at loss as what step to try next and would appreciate any support.

Cheers,
    Cam

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

No idea if it helps, but there is a newer firmware available,
    version 1.5.0. for the Maschine MK3.

René

3. Camyroon

Camyroon New Member

Thanks René, but this is the firmware update I have used.

Cam

4. René must be Unique

Sorry then I didn't understand, you write that the firmware of the controller is 1.4.5.

Are all drivers for the motherboard chip-set installed and up to date?
    Especially the drivers for the USB part.

René

5. René must be Unique

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

7. René must be Unique

Yes, D-one I sometimes get confused as a beta tester, but then I check before I answer.
    Also this time I got the message with the latest beta that there was a new firmware for the Maschine mk3.
    So just sorted out, and that update seems to have been around since 18.11.2019.

René ;)

8. Camyroon

Camyroon New Member

I have used the 1.5.0 Firmware Update but Maschine MK3 Control Panel says the firmware version is 1.4.5 and I cannot upgrade it further.

I have tried to update the drivers for my motherboard but since it is very old it is not supported. I decided it might be better if I get a new motherboard!

Thanks for the help.

Cam

9. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Mine too. Any hints?

10. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

So, even though its called "1.50" it is still 1.45? Could somebody confirm that? Got Maschine crashing when I load Phoscyon as an instruments.

Isn't really that urgent cause the TD-3 is going to arrive next week. ;)

11. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yes. Mine also says 1.4.5 is the latest even though the updater tool is labeled 1.5, this is why I initially questioned René's post.
    No idea whats going on...

12. René must be Unique

Then something has probably gone wrong when naming this file.

René

13. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

When running Maschine 2 on my Macbook pro, without an interface, I ran into a similar issue. What is your buffer and sample rate set at? How much ram, CPU, and physical memory do you have left in your SSD/HDD? Roughly how many plugins, applications, and sounds do you have running? do you notice this after opening a particular plugin?

I noticed it got really bad when I had multiple unison voices playing the same thing across multiple Tracks, channels, and instruments in midi. The solution was to commit track to audio, group tracks so that the would trigger each other, as opposed to having all of them reading the same midi data in unison and/or commit the Midi Data to Audio.

Also, do you save your projects often? when you use these programs, everything you do exists in your L1/L2/L3 cache and ram until you save the project. Saving the project commits all your work from RAM to the HDD/SSD, freeing up Ram and resources, giving you more room to add stuff.

14. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

if you have td3 then do not upgrade to 1.25, stay @ 1.24 for now

1.25 fixes midi auto slide that people were moaning was missing (never had it on my OG303 :eek:) but 1.25 also puts td3 in stationary DFU mode-crashed basically