1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine And Jam - Focus With Two Controllers

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Trickle2007, Sep 7, 2017.

1. mrmark

mrmark New Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trickle2007

Trickle2007 NI Product Owner

Thanks mate!

3. MtwoJ

MtwoJ New Member

This is an absolutely essential feature. It's pretty much the only reason anyone would want to have two NI controllers for Maschine. The whole point is to expand controls, not duplicate them.

I'm sure if they add this feature it will also help with the sale of more of their hardware too.

4. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

I asked for something similar in https://www.native-instruments.com/...board-note-mode-and-mk3-on-chord-mode.358261/

Though from a technical perspective I am not sure how it can be done. We know the Maschine software identifies each controller separately, but what happens under the hood is anyones guess.

Some way to lock the software to a controller of our choice as the “master” to allow a second controller like the Jam free to switch modes would be great.

5. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

This is such a no-brainer, and has been thoroughly requested. But i get the feeling it's never going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

It’s definitely a marketing opportunity to breath some life into the Jam, while strengthening the MK line-up. I might be in the minority, but I have no use for keyboards. The take up too much space, and with no desire to become a skilled keyboardist there is little point besides guessing chords progressions.

Imagine being able to play a minor scale on the MK and a harmonic minor on the Jam, at the same time.

7. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Happy to see more pressure about this....all that expensive gear doing the same thing,at the same time, what a waste.

As a reminder the way I do it for now is opening 2 MAschine instance in a DAW, and it works well. being able to switch instances from the Studio is great and work pretty well. Usually my Jam stay static on one instances and the Studio switch according to my needs. It has been stable so far but this way needs a lot of discipline for sequencing and obviously it wouldn't be that smooth if I didn't have an APC40 which make things much easier

8. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

The way I do it is to have Maschine also inside a daw, bigwig, and have Jam control bigwig and the mk3 control Maschine. This way I can actually control two independent things and at the same time.

9. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Not being able to have a different focus for the Maschine vs Jam controller is the reason I got rid of my Jam.

10. Eridon

Eridon New Member

Actually , I’m doing the same things as written above

I use the maschine jam (and Maschine running as a Vst inside Ableton) and a launchpad pro for « stuff I need to do » in Ableton

Like this , I have Maschine Jam focused only on maschine and doing all I need in it , while the LaunchPad can mute/solo/trigger the groupe/scene i want to play , and other stuff within Ableton

It’s THE ONLY ONE thing that’s holding me to buy a Maschine MK3 : it’s gonna add me redondancy in my actual setup ....

If the Maschine Jam and Maschine Mk3 could work separately , for different task , I would probably pull the trigger to get the mk3 (and get rid of the LaunchPad or maybe using it only for very specific task)

It’s really a waste , because the Ableton Template of the Maschine Jam is WONDERFULL (minus the lack of aftertouch and velocity sensitivity) it’s one of the best controller for Ableton in this price range PERIOD

Wake up NI , you are supposed to be the « future of sounds » ;)

(But fix the Maschine Jam bug first plz .... it would be already enough ....)