Maschine and Multiple Meter changes

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hylton Mowday, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Hylton Mowday

Hylton Mowday NI Product Owner

Hi all,
    Is there at all a workaround to this that doesn’t involve “sampling” sections.
    I use maschine 2.8 more in a jazz/jam situation where musicians play along with groove and sounds off Maschine. Quite often pieces are changing meter going from 4/4 to 6/8 to 3/8 etc. How do I trigger new patterns or scenes with different meters? I fear it’s not possible.

2. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

I don't think so. That's one of drawbacks of Maschine.

3. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You can do it by disable it under the groops there is a doubble cross and next to it stands "1 Bar" you can change that to 1/4 and then you can change pattern, scene and section size in quarter steps. (or if needed use 8th notes as change step size)

Uwe

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

The reality is that Maschine is not the right tool for this job, and while it is possible to workaround as Uwe says, you will lose all construct of measures with this approach.. you simply have quarter notes . i see nothing but frustration..

With an MPC you have have different time signatures and tempo for each sequence, so It may be worth your while considering getting a cheap MPC as a sequencer and using Maschine for its sounds, VST hosting & fx

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No this grid setting is independend from the actual notes you then can place in a pattern, this setting just sets the size in wich you can change the pattern size.

Uwe

6. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

I am. Going try this . I recall I was into weird time sigs and Akai was able to do it but not Maschine. Will give her a go tonight.