1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine and Native Instruments

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Gerrod_Priest, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Gerrod_Priest

Gerrod_Priest NI Product Owner

EDITED Post
    Native Instruments can .......
    A lot of you complain about the things Maschine doesn't have that you want and I envy you because I can't get the Maschine to work right in the first place
    I posted before to ask for help and a nice ...... form member posted a GIF of how to Google to solve my problem of not knowing how to uninstall Maschine completely to start all over that guy was so funny ........ but any way
    When Maschine does open it now scans my documents folder for 8 hours I wish I was making that up but IM not
    I bought Maschine 2 time mk1 and mk2 and now its all useless except that I can control the mpc software with the hardware
    Does anybody know a non funny GIF way to uninstall maschine completely and fresh reinstall
    so anyone know how to fix Maschine once and for all?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

You should honestly consider changing your approach and tone. After that, pose your exact issue, operating system you’re on and maybe we can help you figure this out? I ain’t feeling NI as of late either but sheesh

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Gerrod_Priest

Ok
    Im on Windows 10
    First Reaktor would not work in Maschine so i uninstalled Maschine and reinstalled Maschine Reaktor was no longer in the so very great Native Access
    Oh my dont we all love Native Access?
    Next Reaktor still would not work in Maschine but new problum Kontakt didnt work also
    well they worked just not in the browser i could open on the pads but not from browser
    I can see and here previews but would not open
    so i used NIs tool to relocate NI vsts and now no NI products work from the Browser
    still see and hear previews but wont open
    So i uninstalled Maschine once more now it scans my documents folder for no lie 8 hours and guess what same problem
    Update
    now it just hangs on the maschine splash screen SHMFH
    I scanned no viruses i have a lot of paid and free plugins they all work in FL ,Studio one and so on
    the only software i have problems with are Native Instruments
    It would take to long to reformat and reinstall all my software and then what if it still doesn't fix?

4. Gerrod_Priest

2.jpg

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      574.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

what do you want to show us with these pics?
    that you tremble?
    that you have a very dirty place where the Maschine stands?
    that you cut your fingernails over the Keystation?
    :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

That will be nice relief,I think.
    You want to remove all software from NI.There are a number of ways to do that.
    1: With windows software management you can remove the software one by one.
    2: With the > _NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit < from NI you can also do this.
    The NI software is placed on different places of your hard disk.
    Check these areas after removal, and if there is anything left remove it manually.

Now you can reinstall the software from NI, where you can specify where the content should be placed in NA. After installing ALL the software, you start them up one by one, and then close them again.

Finally you start MASCHINE, and wait until all content has been read. If all is well, this only needs to happen once.
    But every time you insert a plugin or content into one of the folders, a quick scan will start when Maschine starts up.
    I would also like to point out that NI is not responsible for the chaos on your hard disk, which is caused by the user. (based on your last photo)

And now do not tell me you're using a mac, because then I explode.

René.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Gerrod_Priest

The Sarge
    ha ha so funny
    No the pics were to show that i bought Maschine and didn't pirate because some smart guy would say that's why it does not work for me does that make sense sir? love ya kiss kiss

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Gerrod_Priest

René must be Unique
    Thank you you gave me good advice i did not know it was a NI Uninstall RegTool all i wanted was for someone to try to help i am doing what you told me to do right now again thank you for trying to help and not being a funny man :)

9. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I'd be curious to know what CPU and how much ram you have

10. Gerrod_Priest

11. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

So if I get it you compose on a Mac in dual boot in your windows 10 session?

12. René must be Unique

First read the entire thread.

René

13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I did.

• Like Like x 1
  14. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Love this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

Good luck with your problems

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Stephen Bish

Stephen Bish NI Product Owner

I find it rather strange that someone who has been a member of this forum for 5 years would start what was at the time their 21st post in such an obnoxious manner and even stranger, though from the opposite direction, that forum members here would actually try to help them rather than simply ban him and delete his post. I have learned a lot here, not only by asking questions myself, but by reading other member's posts.
    Gerrod Priest I suggest to you Sir that you owe this forum an apology and 'OK' is not one. I did not click on your topic to be confronted by language which would be in breach of any forum guidelines anywhere.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Gerrod_Priest

Ok im Very sorry Ive had time to think and i really am sorry for acting childish
    i thought about why why am i trying so hard to get Maschine to work when i mostly use FL Studio ,Ableton and the mpc for drums and i felt stupid because i didn't have an answer
    I guess because i paid for Maschine......but if i do get it to work properly again i probably would hardly use it any way
    when i got the mk1 the mpc software didn't exist and mpcs were a lot of money so i went with Maschine for the price
    I guess i should just let Maschine go and get a MPC LIVE controller that's where i wanted to be in the first place
    as im typing this im trying to think what i like about Maschine and i don't have an answer i could say what i don't like but im trying not to be negative right now
    But i will say that when ive had problems with software from other company's it would take me like 20 or so min to fix
    But ive had problems with NI from the start Kontakt is amazing but the rest idn
    Maschine is now as i type still scanning my documents folder going on 4 hours now all my samples and drums are on an external hard drive and not in my documents folder so i have no idea what maschine is doing
    again i apologize
    Also a direct apology to
    Stephen Bish

• Like Like x 3
  18. René must be Unique

That the content is on an external usb drive is not that smart. This is why scanning takes so long with you.

René.

19. Gerrod_Priest

No not the Ni expansions but my drums and samples my ni stuff is in documents but i uninstaled all my expansions except the maschine library

20. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I know that when I had to rebuild my library it would scan for ages as I have a dozen of expansions, and NI instrument libraries. But once I let finish it was fixed.
    Is your drive SSD or at least 7200rpm? With a 5400rpm it would probably take ages