MASCHINE and Traktor 2.5

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by Eqube, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Eqube

Eqube New Member

Hey!

Will i be able to lanuch samples with MASCHINE on traktor 2.5? Instead of F1

Thx :)

2. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

You mean using the Maschine controller instead of an F1 to control the remix decks? The answer is No.

3. de wouzer

de wouzer NI Product Owner

Traktor has a fantastic midi mapping system. Do I understand correctly that this doesn't work for the new sample decks?

4. DjKurtCocaine

DjKurtCocaine Forum Member

I've got a feeling it will be mappable seen as one of traktors USPs is how everything can be mapped.

5. de wouzer

that's what I think, and that's why I love Traktor

6. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

If NI says on the F1 product page "The definitive and only hardware for controlling TRAKTOR's powerful Remix Decks.." we should take that seriously.

If the F1 is the ONLY hardware to control the remix decks, than you cannot control them with any other controller, right?

7. de wouzer

maybe it's a way to sell more midi controllers.... but i think it sucks...

8. DjKurtCocaine

DjKurtCocaine Forum Member

If you can only use them with an F1 then why give all current users a free update on may 30th with the biggest new feature being unusable? But I suppose only time will tell!

9. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

that will suck if that's true, official word NI!

Will Maschine be able to control the decks?

10. dj_blitz

dj_blitz NI Product Owner

I'm just wondering if i'm going to need 2 of em, and if i'm going to need a longer table.

11. mwalker840

mwalker840 New Member

If I can use my launchpad with this I will be happy, even if I need to map it all myself.

12. Esprit83

Esprit83 New Member

No way! I guess we will have to wait and see. I was hoping to try out the remix decks with my maschine controller to start with and then invest in the f1 once I had got my head around it and saved up the cash. I think having the F1 will be better than using maschine when in clubs, as it's more stream lined. But I reckon with the right kind of mapping you could potentially get more out of the remix deck with the Maschine controller. You have to be able to map it surely?

13. kraal

kraal NI Product Owner

i am pretty sure traktor is refering to the f1 being the only controller that controls every feature right on the controller natively . probably to sway people from buying the new denon or xone or reloop contollers instead. if 2.5 is free upgrade and remix decks are the new feature why offer upgrade if you cant use it

14. Esprit83

Esprit83 New Member

Just remembered reading this on the Dj techtools site from an interview with shiftee... "Are you using the default mapping on the units?
    Yes. I made one addition though, making a single button mass toggle PUNCH mode on and off."

.. This implies to me that it can be mapped, therefor we should be able to use other controllers. Plus thinking about it, even if using the f1 with the remix decks we should still have the option to remap the thing if we want to as a user. That's the point in using midi controllers and software as opposed to using hardware that is fixed to one function.

15. H3PO4

H3PO4 NI Product Owner

I wouldn't take the "only way" part so literally "The only way" can also mean the best way, especially when it's in a marketing context. For instance, Western Airlines used to use the slogan "the only way to fly." Obviously, there are many other airlines out there.

16. Esprit83

Esprit83 New Member

Haha good point! It is most likely good old marketing nonsense!

17. audio_processing

audio_processing NI Product Owner

"seamless bi-directional software-hardware integration and offering full visual feedback through the multi-colored LED pads"

Maschine can't do that, and F1 is the ONLY hardware offering this functionality.

But I don't see why I couldn't trigger Traktor samples with the Maschine's Pads and I would be very pleased if NI developed a specific Traktor driver for Maschine to enabled the two way communication for blinking playing sample pads (without the color shining bells and whistles)

18. supercollider

supercollider NI Product Owner

I would agree. MIDI can be mapped to any MIDI controller.

There is no way Native would lock it down to a single device. The biggest seperation could be the RGB LED's. They seem give tactical feedback to the type of sample loaded, and other information. Obviously there are no other controllers which have this ability.

19. ragavang43

ragavang43 Account Suspended

I've got a feeling it will be mappable seen as one of traktors USPs is how everything can be mapped.

ya ya me too think the same.. i think he is right!

20. nick.caris

nick.caris New Member

it all depends on whether the F1 is taking a 0-127 value from traktor and scaling it to preset color values for the RGB leds. Novation dicers do this, but their leds are less complex than that of the F1.