1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

MASCHINE and Traktor 2.5

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by Eqube, Mar 15, 2012.

1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the full functionality of the remix decks can only be achieved by the F1 controller.

but there are some additional controls that can be mapped to all other controllers, but still not the complete functionality range, e.g. pages.

2. hans iron

hans iron Forum Member

Theres a chance that they do it in NHL and not implement the full MIDI commands.
    But I dont know it.

3. djjhin

djjhin New Member

Why can't a cc control knob on maschine affect this parameter? Just like in abelton, it is just a simple matter of sending scroll controls.

4. TraumaBeatsDrama

TraumaBeatsDrama NI Product Owner

Fo' real. I'm just gonna wait and see what they make available to control. The remix decks will be great either way.

5. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

In my opinion you can do this already with Maschine. I have mapped beat phase monitor to individual sampledeck pads on Maschine. Not it would look like F1 though, but still good visual feedback.

6. Steve Zorilow

Steve Zorilow NI Product Owner

Not that I would use Maschine for that but, imagine having the ability to browse your sample directly from Maschine hardware... would be cute ;)

7. DJ Freshfluke

we're not talking about a technical limitation here. ni felt that it wouldnt make sense to implement all and every function as midi mappable. there's still stuff that adds value to the existing sample deck functionality. i'm working on getting a detailed list whats possible and whats not before release.

8. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

Pre-ordered it anyway ;) Can't wait to see this.

9. djjhin

djjhin New Member

You must mean that you pre-ordered the F1, because the Traktor 2.5 update is free.
    ---
    Looking forward to hearing more from you sir. :D

10. Steve Zorilow

Steve Zorilow NI Product Owner

Actually it's miss FreshFluke ;) Pure German beauty if you ask....

11. LaiHurst

LaiHurst New Member

Hey guys, my question is....could you map the kontrol F1 to a drum machine in Ableton for example to work as maschine with a different and blinking color per instrument? not to worry about the library...ableton's got a pretty good one. Directly I would like to use it with Liine's Ambivalent beats and carry something smaller than that huge computer looking maschine.....and no, I dont like maschine micko at all

12. I_Am_Hex

I_Am_Hex New Member

I dont doubt you could map it as a drum machine, though from the reviews i've read - F1 doesnt have velocity sensitive pads, if you're after that.
    A smaller alternative is the Korg PadKontrol (a bit bigger than the mikro) or NanoKontrol. As for the lights and all its hard to say, I wouldnt even guess at this stage.

for mapping maschine to use the remix decks, i found the following on the TSP 2.5 Technical Q& A page:

Q: "Can I map other MIDI controllers (MASCHINE and/or others) to the Remix Decks instead of F1?"

"A: It is not possible to map the entire grid of the Remix Deck to another MIDI Controller. However, there are Remix Deck controls available in the Controller Manager. Most of these controls work on the Sample Slots, very much like the buttons on the S2/S4. "

looks like some settings are mappable and some are not, exactly what though remains to be seen.

I'm looking forward to see what info freshfluke can compile.

13. DJ MiCL

DJ MiCL Moderator Moderator

But it already says not all samples will be accessible from a MIDI controller ("...not possible to map the entire grid..."). This can mean that you really need an F1 to get the full feature of Remix Deck (i.e., no way to control it via mouse either) or that they will deliberately disable some GUI mouse click features to be mapped via the controller manager, which would be a first time thing for Traktor as far as I know. I truly hope my assumption is wrong and that the Remix Decks will be controllable with other devices though they may be far more cumbersome.

14. DJ Freshfluke

nope, not with all features. definitely.

15. DJ MiCL

That kind of sucks...

16. DJ Freshfluke

but it also makes kinda sense, since it's simply not useful/workable to implement all features of the F1 for other controllers.

however, the current functionality is extended anyways for other controllers too.

17. DJ MiCL

Now you're really messing with my head!

The F1 looks like a bunch of (*cough*) buttons and faders and encoders just like any other MIDI controller out there. If it somehow "makes sense" that it would be non-workable to map another such controller (with buttons and faders and encoders) to Remix Deck, there surely must be something totally mind blowing about the hidden specs of F1.

At any rate, I am not saying any controller should be able to simulate the F1.
    For the features that one can access with a mouse click, it's desirable to be able to map those to a MIDI button as well.

But I'm sure I'll understand what you mean better when the full specs are announced.

18. DJ Freshfluke

i'm female, the fault is not on my end! :D

hm, it's more like the amount of functionality put into such a small device is so overwhelming.
    let me say it like this: in the beginning of the alpha-tests we had an introduction video packed with info that last about 30 minutes without being simple or slow in the way of explanations. i actually stopped the video a few times to think the just heard things over. it's so well thought...

i hope we can get the info public in the TOTR (i already wrote it in the thread).

19. jbfuller

jbfuller NI Product Owner

I think, after watching the videos and reading the hardware specs over and over, that it's very plausible that there's specific functionality built into the F1 that couldn't easily be replicated by a generic MIDI controller.

Not saying it's not possible, or that the resourceful MIDI-mappers of the world won't figure it out, just saying I can believe that the new remix decks have enough options and quirks that a specific controller made to handle it all will out-class any MIDI mappings to another controller.

20. DJ MiCL

Again, I have no objection regarding the amount of integration between F1 and Traktor.

I (as well as many probably) are simply hoping that;

Remix Deck Page / Button / Direct / value=3 / Assignment=Deck 3
    Remix Deck Play Primary / Button / Toggle / Assignment=Deck 3 Slot 1 Row 3

the above kind of "has been mappable up to version 2.1.3" kind of functions are mappable to keyboard/MIDI.

Well, I will look forward to your TOTR:lol: