MASCHINE and Traktor 2.5

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by Eqube, Mar 15, 2012.

1. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

Anyway.. lets not fall out.... !
    one big happy traktor family (minus remix deck functionallity...lol)

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i want to add from my end that from the time i knew about it i stressed out that i wanted to have this fact available for the users as early as possible and not upon release. as you could see, i was also the one stressing this out in the TOTR.

i also actually had mixed emotions about it until i saw the first (internal) introduction video.

the integration of the remix decks on such a small device is simply awesome. i've always been someone who mapped controllers by myself, this one would've been the first one where i would use the factory mapping anyways. they really did a good job. and even with the reduced feature set plus the mouse you're still able to do some nice stuff, really.

3. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

I know you do your best for the community n_g :) Still took me and many others by surprise though, and I'm on this forum everyday! Anywho, back on topic?

4. DJ Freshfluke

thx, hun, i appreciate that :)

5. lethal_pizzle

6. DJ MiCL

DJ MiCL Moderator Moderator

7. kraal

kraal NI Product Owner

8. lethal_pizzle

Here's the bit I read:

There has not been a decision by NI to limit controller capacity in Traktor, and inclusion of these features is planed at some point

9. dannybyrne29

so after all that crap yesterday including a PM to tell me to shush about the DJTT article they release that new statement that clarifys the issue...!
    why did'nt they just say that if that was the case and why did they not inform the mods of this so they could of eased our fears .... now they can keep the F1... i'll wait till i can use my other controllers thanks you...!

fluky.. you need to have a word with NI .. they left you out to dry for the last few days..!

10. DJ Freshfluke

kinda, yes and i feel sour. of course, not towards you as users (although i'm somewhat surprised actually how many ppl obviously didnt read the FAQs and even regulars here missed it and yes, some used language that wasnt necessary), but towards DJTT.

they've been doing nothing but tryina stir things up by purpose, did a bad recherche, did not talk to NI and even didnt do their homework (FAQs, once again). <= please note, this is my personal opinion

11. DJ Freshfluke

i told you not to crosspost, not to "shush" about the article! cross- and doubleposting is against the forums rules. if you had spread a link where traktor is praised as the solution to all and everything, i would've said the very same...

i'm all good with NI. what happened is not their fault. it's simply not the first time, they're trying to form an opinion instead of giving the good and true facts. it was a badly recherched article, simple as that.

p.s.: checkout this sticky thread, this is NIs official statement:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166665

12. dannybyrne29

well ... that thread from NI's development team is exactly the reaction we want as users and without all this forum tittle tattle we would never of had clarification.....
    I rest my case....
    power to the people ... ha ha.....
    cheers flukey..x

13. scamo

scamo Administrator Staff Member

Hey Freshfluke. You wouldn't happen to be German would you?

scamo

14. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

I heard that with every F1 you get "free pizza" pizza, pizza, pizza :)

15. dannybyrne29

they kept that quiet did'nt they eh..?....!:p

16. alepeinador

alepeinador NI Product Owner

In my case I read them and understood them I just didn't believe that they were 100% true to fact because I knew the 16 slot control we requested could be implemented.

Now at least we know they will work on it for future updates.

What worries me now is how long this will stay a closed system and if I should adapt my style to it. Because one of the things I pride myself on as a DJ is my technical flexibility with Traktor… as long as I have my computer, some audio interface and some form of control I'm ok. Time code vinyl, just an X1, just Maschine or everything at once, my work can go on even if I'm missing any individual piece of equipment.

But if I adapt my way of mixing to heavy use of the sample decks and my F1 fails before a show I'm dead. For now I'll keep using just the 4 slots that Maschine can control for mixing live but will play with the F1 at my studio and see where it takes me.

17. DJ Freshfluke

yup, i'm german. why?

18. scamo

Cause you mixed in a bisschen Deutsch in your posts earlier and that hat mich a bisschen zum laughing gebracht.:)

scamo

19. DJ Freshfluke

really? ^^

i once found myself answering a german posting in english one time... actually, it was another user who pointed me to that... i simply didnt notice, switching all day between the languages ^^

20. scamo

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.;)

scamo