1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine App Bouncing in Dock?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by zakwax, Jan 12, 2020.

1. zakwax

zakwax New Member

Since updating to Maschine 2.9.1 R4 when ever I try to open the Standalone App it just bounces in the dock on my iMac.

If I force quit it and open again, it opens straight away as usual. I have tried reinstalling but it keeps bouncing on the first start up... never had this issue before and its pretty annoying.
    Looked online nobody seems to have this issue...any ideas?

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

MacOS version? Is it performing a Scan while it's bouncing on the Dock? (if it is you should see another Maschine icon in the dock named ScanApp)
    While it's bouncing do you see the Maschine start-up Splash Screen?

Attached Files:

3. zakwax

zakwax New Member

Cheers 4 getting back....

No ....no scan app or splash screen just App Icon bouncing....Mojave 10.14.6

4. D-One

Well, that's odd. Under System Preferences > Security & Privacy see if Maschine shows up in any tab and has un-checked button, if it's then enable/check it. You can also try to downgrade to a previous version then update again, maybe it can fix, there's an older version here.
    Other than that idk what to suggest, try sending a ticket to official support.

5. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

I have the exact same problem. It happens at start up only after a reboot, both when used as standalone or as a VST. I have checked the Security&Privacy tab and Maschine is not listed anywhere. It takes a good while to load, I would say more than a minute. It started happening since I updated to one of the recent releases, it was quite fast before. I am on OSX High Sierra.

I have not had time to troubleshoot or write a support ticket. I don't see the ScanApp in processes, but I am going to try next to disable all plugins and see if there is a culprit somewhere...it might also be the Library... I might not be up to date as I did not want to bother with all the new stuff which has been added and I don't really use (i.e. previews)

6. D-One

Try unlocking Security and Privacy then drop the Machine app into the Microfone perms, won't hurt adding it to other menus that the systems allow either, worth a try.

7. zakwax

zakwax New Member

Thanks for the link D-One that sorted it!.... the older version 2.8.7 worked... it is opening as normal now splash screen straight away.

Thanks