MASCHINE arrived today - UK price rise?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by MonoMaschine, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonoMaschine

MonoMaschine Forum Member

Just got my hands on MASCHINE today and I have to say, it's amazing. I can't remember anything in the last 22 years of gear-buying that has blown me away quite so much as this.

I noticed quite a few stores were advertising MASCHINE for £489 (which is how much I paid for mine), but the store I normally buy from (Absolute Music) refused to match Digital Village, Gear4Music, Dolphin and Sounds Live, stating that the UK list price has increased from £549.00 to £688.85 and that £549 was now the store discounted price, not the list price. I was totally unaware of this! Luckily, I got mine from Sounds Live in Newcastle, who delivered it next day.

Anyone else know anything about a UK price increase? :S

2. thegarner

thegarner New Member

Most of the UK usual suspects are still saying £489 so it doesn't look like it at the moment. However I've seen a lot of re-pricing recently with the state of the Euro against the Pound so I wouldn't be surprised if it did go up. I think I saw Ableton go up recently - It's listed at about £350 now and I'm sure it was about £100 less a few months back.

3. MonoMaschine

MonoMaschine Forum Member

I agree - there does seem to be a lot of re-pricing at this time. I saw the price increase on Ableton just the other day. With regard to MASCHINE, Absolute told me that "unfortunately we are unable to match the price in this case. This may is due to the stores holding excess stock at an old cost price".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.