Maschine as controller for Ableton drum rack

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by romain7, May 28, 2013.

1. romain7

romain7 New Member

Does anyone know how to use Maschine in ableton to simply control Ableton's drum rack for production?

2. Bulletproof Knight

Bulletproof Knight New Member

+1

Yes, I have been wondering that too. How can Maschine be used as a regular MIDI controller in Ableton?

3. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

Yes, you have to download (from NI) and copy the Midi script into the Resources/Midi Remote Scripts directory for each of your Live installations (that you want to use with Machine), and download the Control template for Controller Editor, and copy it into the appropriate directory, and select it in Controller Editor.

Then when Live recognizes the controller, set up Maschine as a MIDI I/o in Live's Midi Preferences.

Then use Shift/Control (Midi) on the Maschine controller to switch back and forth, using Pad Mode to control drum racks with the pads.

(Be aware that if you're running Win7 x64, there MAY be an issue with Maschine not writing driver files to the correct location on your hard drive. If the drivers don't install correctly, contact NI t/s, and tell them I sent you.... :)

4. Bulletproof Knight

Can this be done with Maschine MIKRO as well?

And where do you download the MIDI script?

5. BuleriaChk

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  6. Bulletproof Knight

Thanks! So far the installation has worked perfectly. One problem thought- since MIKRO doesn't have the "control" button, how do i switch to MIDI mode?

7. BuleriaChk

Shift + F1
    (Check the controller editor manual, under Help)

8. narowp

narowp New Member

I'm having issues with changing the 'group' of pads when using it with the Drum Rack. I can work out how to move up octaves using the arrows but to change a group of pads (like you'd change the bank on an MPC) so I have 16 completely new pads seems to be difficult to work out. Can anyone help?

9. steveswivel

steveswivel Forum Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcbjOm1uhY[/ame]

great video w/ set up instructions (hit "pad mode" from drum rack)

10. Vicent Frias

Vicent Frias New Member

I have the same problem man.
    Any solution or template ??