1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Maschine+ Audio Glitches [Standalone]

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Dalski, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Dalski

Dalski NI Product Owner

Hi forumites and music makers.

I recently picked up Maschine+ and my couple of additional free expansions, one of which, is Indigo Dust.

Whilst checking out some of the content of this expansion I have made a discovery which I find a little disconcerting. When simply playing back a couple of the projects in standalone mode (4AM at Burning Man and Fields of Cream), I hear very frequent and audible audio glitches and crackling. CPU is just above 70% on Burning Man and hovering around 60% on Fields of Cream. These projects are being played back without any interaction with the Maschine+.

Can anyone confirm whether they also experience this issue with these projects? (If you have this expansion). I'm most interested to find out whether this is a potential issue with my hardware and whether I should look to getting it swapped for a new unit. I wouldn't expect to be hearing these kinds of glitches at such low CPU usage. Perhaps when over 90%, but not this low. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. sp4o4

sp4o4 New Member

I am going through this right now. Brand new maschine+. Pulled out of the box yesterday. Updated. Constant audio glitches and will have a white noise/ digital bit crusher sound. Really frustrating. This happens on blank projects with cpu at 3% and loading a simple group.

Created a support ticket. Not sure if this is hardware related. Waiting to hear back.

3. Capitaine Fracasse

Capitaine Fracasse New Member

Welcome to oblivion guy ! It is the same for all people who buy the Maschine+... And NI is aware of it since the release of M+...

4. John Roberts

John Roberts NI Product Owner

Shame on NATIVE INSTRUMENTS for not fixing this sooner, either in software or hardware. This is a real biggie and simply embarrassing. I have do the audio tab toggle thing multiple times in a sessions.

5. Capitaine Fracasse

Capitaine Fracasse New Member

If you plug a class compliance audio interface the gliches appear around 80%, depending of the instrument/fx used, but it is clearly better than using the internal audio interface. A workaround but not a fix.
    My guess is : it work better because the latency with external audio interface is higher than the internal one.
    Maschine+ is definitively not Maschine software on a box, but a groovebox that mimic Maschine software with lower spec.

6. djadidai

djadidai NI Product Owner

When u load big projects, press on a few pads in every bank before actually pressing play. If the sound still glitches go to settings/audio and just twist the knob and it should disappear.

7. sp4o4

sp4o4 New Member

Maybe something is wrong with mine. That’s why I started a support ticket. Just loading one shot samples to pads causes audio glitches and spikes. Sounds like a nasty bit crusher effect.

8. DeepThumb

DeepThumb NI Product Owner

Just tested project 4AM at Burning Man on my M+ and in Maschine SW: No glitches at all. Just mute B1 if you don't like its scratching and strange sound. => User error? Defective M+ ?

Edit: M+ CPU load was ~ 68%

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

Both play back fine on mine. 4AM at about 68% CPU, Fields at 71%. However, it’s quite easy to get CPU peaks on the Electric Love Kit which is loaded on Group A in Fields of Cream.

I wasn’t able to find out what is causing this, but the Kit has quite a few effects loaded on almost every Pad.

Anyway, I made a cool groove while testing, so that was worth the time ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dalski

Dalski NI Product Owner

Generally, thanks for any feedback so far.

Thanks for testing, I appreciate it. And yes, it's defo that group that's a cause. I may also log a ticket if people are getting mixed results, there seems to be no definitive answer to this. I'm now wondering whether there are different chipsets used in different units and there are certain chipsets that display this issue, whereas others do not.

No, not user error. Audio glitches, I'm fairly confident I know the difference :confused:

Fields of Cream is worse than 4am at Burning Man, for sure. did you test that one? I'm not interested in Machine SW as that's not where the issue lies, it's M+ standalone, as mentioned in my post. Thanks for testing though.

11. Dalski

Dalski NI Product Owner

I came across the 'twiddle the audio knob' workaround in another thread when looking into this and before I posted here. I did try it, but it didn't fix the problem. Kind of unfortunate actually, because if that did fix the issue, at least there's a starting point for a 'fix' to be implemented by NI. Thanks for the suggestion though.

12. DeepThumb

Fields of Cream not tested yet. No time at the moment...
    Testing on M+ AND Maschine SW is important: If strange sounds on M+ and on a PC (that cannot be outpowered by an audio SW like Maschine) are identical then these sounds are no glitches. ;)

13. tetsuneko

tetsuneko NI Product Owner

I've read that swapping out the included microSD card for a fast SD card (U3 type or faster) might increase performance. How many of you are using the stock microSD?

After upgrading the card, I think I've had less glitches but don't want to go back to the stock microSD to find out if it performs worse...

14. Daysun

Daysun New Member

I have a bad buzzing audio sound with my device. This is very frustrating. it will not go away.

15. DeepThumb

Last posting on this forum:
    I´ve got glitches with M+ on Fields of Cream, though M+ load was only ~ 60 %

Maybe that Expasion has not been optimized for M+ because latest Expasions, e.g Rhythm Source, don`t show glitches ...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  16. Daysun

Daysun New Member

I found the problem. The USB cable is the issue. You have to plug the Maschine plus directly into the computer. I had it plugged into a USB Hub and I was getting a lot of interference. Since I disconnected it the interference has stopped.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Daysun

Daysun New Member

What Expansion is "Fields of Cream" from? I have never heard of this. Also, I do not have issues with expansions. I have a 256 GB sdcard. I have never had that problem. Also, if your CPU is being exhausted a workaround is to turn the midi files into audio files.

18. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey, sorry to interrupt but our community has moved! This forum is now a read-only archive. Please visit our new community: https://community.native-instruments.com/ Just search for a topic and continue the conversation over there, or create a new post if it doesn’t yet exist in the new forum.Thanks and see you over there.