MASCHINE BETA ACCESS - Important Update

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,
    I have received a ton of DMs in the last days - which is awesome! I really appreciate your interest in beta testing MASCHINE.
    It shows me, that we are on the right track, and doing the right things, since more of you are becoming curious to join. Dope!

Now I have received so many DMs, that I will not be able to reply to all individually in a timely manner, so I wanted to write this post to help out all people who reached out to me and future ones to come in a more streamlined way.

Here's how it goes:

Step 1: If you haven't already done it, please sign up to Centercode using the link also provided in the forum (https://native-instruments.centercode.com/welcome/).
    Step 2: We will confirm applications and add you to the group this week Friday (and repeat the process once a week from here on).
    Step 3: If you signed up already still do not hear from us by coming Saturday, please again send me a DM providing the Email Address you used to sign up to Centercode, so we can add your particular account manually.

Important Note:

For technical reasons as of today, you need to own a valid license of MASCHINE 2 software in order to run the beta. If you don't own MASCHINE yet, you will not be able to run the beta application. So please make sure that is the case before you sign up. Unfortunately we do not have a convenient way yet, to allow people to beta test that don't own the product.

Some more context on the process:

Within Centercode we have predefined filters, that helped us identifying optimal candidates in the past, based on the profile information provided around setup, controller type, etc. to ensure we have a diverse group and i.e. all DAWs, Controllers, Use Cases etc. are represented. As we are opening up the community now, these filters are not necessarily up to date, and in some cases you are not being added.
    (> i.e. in the past, owning a MASCHINE controller, was required to participate in the beta - now people owning keyboards also have a MASCHINE license, so the picture has changed)

We want to make sure everyone who would like to participate can do so, but we need to still optimise our processes to make this more convenient for you and for ourselves ;) We will need some time to tweak and adapt our tools.

Thanks you for your patience while we try to improve the process!
    I hope this works for the ones interested and I see you over at Centercode soon!

Best,

Kai

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Deafkon

Deafkon NI Product Owner

Thank you, Kai!

3. nightjar

nightjar NI Product Owner

Thanks Kai.. Looking forward to it.

4. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

Thanks Kai

5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Kai for pres!!!!!! Vote Kai!!!! ;)o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in Berlin, Kai, my fault with mentioning how to join the beta... :rolleyes::D Beta testers are always welcome though. ;- )

• Like Like x 2
  7. tempsperdu

Maybe we should have a beta drinking competition in Berlin...............................................:oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. HammyHavoc

Every time someone on the forum mentions 'song mode', 'silo thinking', and 'standalone', you take a shot. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. tempsperdu

Yeah but we all have to be in Berlin to do it.....:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. HammyHavoc

My label does a monthly event at Maze (other co-founder lives in Berlin permanently). ;- )

• Like Like x 1
  11. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Kai @ NI best make this a sticky...

• Like Like x 1
  12. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

Thanks!

13. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

If someone of you is on Berlin, let me know. I live here and can recommend some nice locations to hang out. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tempsperdu

Have they completely screwed up Prenzlauer Berg now?

15. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Kreuzberg is way cooler anyway. But even there you can see the sell-out.
    The 90s are over and we have to move on sadly.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tempsperdu

That's what I thought.......................:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

looking forward to a beta-testing-weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  18. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Kai @ NI my reticence regarding installing the beta is due to the fact that it can’t sit side by side with the non beta install. I think it is scary to use beta software and potentially screw up your system and projects and take over the ‘spot’ of the regular line release. If there is a way things can be engineered such that it can sit side by side and just install from Native Access I would be much more likely to use it.

19. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Why are you so sure that this not possible?

20. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Not sure about windows but I have both Standalone versions side-by-side on OSX and it's all good. I do that with official updates too. (in case there are bugs and I want to revert back)

The only thing you cant do is have 2 plugin versions at the same time, most DAW's dont allow that, but, you can save the previous plugin versions somewhere and just move it back to VST folder or reinstall the current non-beta version.. no big deal. I been in the beta for a couple of years and never had an issue. If you're worried about dealing with problems then beta testing is not for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1