MASCHINE Beta Test - Apply Now!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Keir @ NI, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Hi everyone,

I have a message to share on behalf of the MASCHINE team:

We would like to invite you to apply to be part of the new MASCHINE Beta Program. The goal of the Beta Program is to get your feedback on work-in-progress features, not-yet-built ideas, and to test unreleased versions of MASCHINE.

This is an ongoing project which will require some dedication and a willingness to work with early versions of MASCHINE, and provide regular, objective feedback to the development team, either via internal discussion forums or surveys. We are looking for users of all experience levels, so even if you’ve just started with MASCHINE, we want to hear from you.

While the focus of the feedback and interaction will change regularly, we will start with MASCHINE’s new Song Layer, which was introduced previously by Florian.

For the uninitiated, the Song Layer is a new layer in MASCHINE which sits on top of the existing Scene Arranger allowing you to place Clips anywhere on the timeline. These Clips are not bound to Scenes, and can be freely placed anywhere in your arrangement. A typical use-case could be for fills, or transitions between sections in your Song, for example.

If this sounds good to you, please apply via the link below. You will need to create an account with our Beta Community (it's separate from your NI forum or customer account) and complete a user profile. Once completed we will review all applications and get in touch.

Numbers are limited but we're planning multiple rounds of recruitment for this program so don't worry if you don't make it through this time, you will definitely be considered in the next round.

That’s it for now. We kindly ask for your patience while we get this set up. This has been in planning for a long time and we can’t wait to get started!

Please click here to register a new account on beta test platform Centercode and apply for the test:
    https://native-instruments.centercode.com/key/68NKDK07400GXJLP

Best wishes on behalf of the whole MASCHINE team,
    Keir.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  2. KravenZ

KravenZ NI Product Owner

Hey Keir. Thx for the information. I have some problems to apply.

When I try to apply (with the correspoding link) and press the "Apply Now" button I am redirected to the Beta Testing Community Home where I see the message "The page you are attempting to access is unavailable.". Is this a bug or is it the correct behavior? It is quite confusing.

3. Keir @ NI

Thanks for reporting - I guess this is the first bug you've found :D We'll look into it - bear with me.

4. KravenZ

KravenZ NI Product Owner

I guess that now I am more than qualified for further tests :D:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Keir @ NI

I'm guessing you've already registered for another beta test on Centercode, it seems to be affecting those who've previously done so. Either way, I'll post back when I hear more.

6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Log out of CenterCode, try the link again. That should work.

7. KravenZ

KravenZ NI Product Owner

That's true. Once I have registered for the Native Access Beta.

I thought that I have to push the "Apply now" button explicitly to apply for Maschine beta. In this context the message I have posted above was quite confusing. Thus does it mean that my application is submitted implicitly if I have a centercode account?

8. Charles @ NI

Charles @ NI MASCHINE Team NI Team

For Existing Centercode Community Users, please complete and submit the Maschine Beta Profile in the Personal Profiles section on the left side of the Centercode Home Page to apply. This will add your application to the system.

Log out and back in again, you should see it. Let me know if you have any issues here.

9. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...no, unfortunately it doesn't work here. I get a note that my Maschine profile has been updated. But when I log in again, I don't see Maschine under my projects and when I log in using the link that Keir has provided, I still get the initial message that the page is unavailable.

10. Charles @ NI

Charles @ NI MASCHINE Team NI Team

Hey. That's expected while we're accepting applications for the beta. We're currently reviewing all applications, once you've been accepted, you'll get notified via e-mail and you'll then see the Project in your Centercode Dashboard. Make sense?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Very good news !

• Like Like x 1
  12. nabulaer

nabulaer NI Product Owner

same happen to me , logged in again and found the form on the left side as described. :thumbsup:

13. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

woohoo!!

14. GoGoGomez

GoGoGomez NI Product Owner

I'm surprised this thread has so little activity. This is great news and I hope it goes well and fast.

I would sign up but I am pretty unskilled as a user and use iMaschine 2 a lot now and only do some edits in software. I am more of a singer songwriter than an electronic music producer.

(Edit) I signed up.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nabulaer

nabulaer NI Product Owner

As a software developer myself , I prefer unskilled beta testers , cause they are the one who not using the obvious routs and will find the bugs that are hidden. also skilled users tend to ignore little bugs that they can quickly find workarounds.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LePhi

LePhi New Member

Signed up, because I want to make sure that "real" musicians will not be forgotten in development.
    Maschine Jam has so much potential as a live platform for easy to use backing tracks, that it would be a shame to concentrate only on EDM/Hip-Hop or similar performances based on sample and loop manipulating.
    It could be ideal to fire up some nice rhythmic gimmicks and add some synth layers to a live rock/folk or cross-over performance.

• Like Like x 5
  17. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Thanks for the invite!
    Signed up.

18. 16pads

16pads Member

All signed up. Thank you for your consideration.

19. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

Signed up.

20. GoGoGomez

GoGoGomez NI Product Owner

Will I need Native Access for this or can I still use Service Center? Currently I use Service Center with Guitar Rig and Maschine 2.5 on OSX.