Maschine can't find audio interface

Discussion in 'Public Beta Discussion 1.5' started by parma, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parma

parma NI Product Owner

Running a mac with 10.5.8 and the Maschine 1.5 beta

Maschine will not recognize my Lexicon I-Onix audio interface. Absynth 5, Kontakt 4, Ableton Live have no problem finding it in their respective audio preferences.

I tried moving the Maschine .plist but that didn't help (in fact, I'm glad I only moved it and didn't delete it because then the service center didn't recognize the Maschine installation.) I also did the usual repair permissions thing.

Anyone know a way to get Maschine to re-scan the Audio interfaces available?

Any help is much appreciated!

2. parma

parma NI Product Owner

Seems like this is a beta issue.

I reinstalled from the disc and 1.0.3 was able to recognize the Lexicon interface. I then upgraded to 1.1 which also detected the Lexicon. I then upgraded to the latest 1.5 beta and the Lexicon is no longer available as an audio device.

Could a mod please move this to the beta forum?

I have just submitted this problem to the bugtracker.

3. parma

parma NI Product Owner

ok- heard back from NI support and this isn't really a bug. I'm running 10.5.8 which is 32-bit and the Maschine beta was running in 64-bit mode. This caused it to not see the Lexicon's driver.

Support told me to right click on the Maschine app and choose Get Info. There was then a checkbox that gave the option "run in 32 bit mode". After doing this, I can now use my interface.

So, case closed and thanks NI support!

4. ashtarbrian

ashtarbrian NI Product Owner

thank you for this solution! i too am running 10.5.8 and have had the same problem and never got an explanation! perfect!

5. parma

parma NI Product Owner

Good to hear!

I submitted the problem via the beta bugtracker and not through regular support. Maybe that accounts for why you haven't heard back from them?

6. ashtarbrian

ashtarbrian NI Product Owner

probably parma, i had trouble submitting to the bug report and didn't have time to figure it out.... but thanks for your answer!

7. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

I have the same issue with a ProFire 610 & 10.6.2. Switching to 32bit didn't fix my problem.

8. Mads L

Mads L NI Product Owner

In case you have set maschine to run in 32 bit mode and still cant call up your driver from the standalone this is a valid bug, please submit a report on this.

9. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

I did switch the standalone app to 32 bit & I tried reinstalling the driver. I also submitted the bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.