1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine+ Compatible interfaces

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by alexbuga, Oct 6, 2020.

1. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

So far I tested OP-Z. Yes you can send midi and get back audio via the usb cable which is amazing.

Today I’ve tested the Line 6 Sonicport VX and I can confirm that it works. Recorded my daughter’s maracas which was super satisfying. It’s the first time I record a percussive instrument and it sounds super.
    Also if you’re not satisfied with the Line In low level of M+, the SonicPort has an instrument and aux inputs too.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hubiedubie

hubiedubie NI Product Owner

Motu 828ES is class compliant and does not work (reliably)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. hubiedubie

hubiedubie NI Product Owner

Behringer UMC1820 has been documented elsewhere as working.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Can I edit your thread as people post more confirmed interfaces so the first post as a full list?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Perhaps change it to "devices" too and make it a sticky?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Uija

Uija New Member

I sadly need to confirm that. But tests with other OS tells us, that MOTU has their own interpretation of Class Compliant...

• Like Like x 1
  7. D-One

I'm thinking there might be other list-oriented threads related to Mas+ that users may find very useful, like:
    - Portable power banks.
    - Which Reaktor / Kontakt stuff work even tho not officially supported.
    - What can only be done on the Desktop version of Maschine.
    - Other stuff that I can't think of right now.

So, maybe a Sticky with links to such threads would be better, what do you think?
    Kind of like the Tips and Tricks sticky thread, but alive instead of dead.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

This would be really helpful for al M+ users and interested people!
    It's always hard to search the forum for content that is often required by the most users. ✌

9. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Jupiter xm works , I need to test it some more , but 2 stereo outputs show up and 14 inputs , midi works over usb , I couldn’t get iarp to work but I’ll try again , might have to sync + to the xm instead of xm to +.
    Slightly better latency, than the internal but not much .
    Works with the xm vendor driver setting, doesn’t support audio with the generic setting , which is normal, but I honestly wasn’t expecting the vendor driver to work .
    Good thing about using the xm is you don’t have to assign audio inputs to the sound/group compared to the ka6 mk2 too hear the audio .

Mc101 works but only supports main mix stereo output and input

Ka6 mk2 was working well , I updated the firmware and it now goes missing on boot up , and I have to unplug replug to get it to show up .

Edit : xm fully works and seems very stable, you can record independent tracks to the sampler.
    Got iarp working
    Such a cool combo add a mc 101 to send precise automation to + and you’ve got a really powerful setup.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  10. jupp zupp

jupp zupp New Member

Zoom h2n runs great

11. D-One

Both working fine:
    • Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Gen1)
    • Zoom H4n Pro

12. Sangeeta

Sangeeta NI Product Owner

I need to know if a XONE 96 DJ Mixer would work. Its only class compliant on mac though.

13. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

Only NI newest generation (mk2) audio interfaces are officially supported for M+. I wouldn't bet on a use case that is not officially supported by the manufacturer. Not for this amount of money.

14. Fugazi81

Fugazi81 New Member

Tested and working

• Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 (gen 1)
    • Elektron Analog Heat (MK1)

• Like Like x 1
  15. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

Hey, sorry but I don’t have the physical time to do that :) I barely got time to play with M+ :))
    10am-6pm dev job + baby :))

16. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Yeah, know what you mean and think whatever's easiest to maintain, but a one-stop shop for compatible devices (first post separated into USB audio, USB MIDI, USB storage, and power banks) and another for compatible/unsupported Kontakt/Reaktor stuff would be a good start in my eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Usb midi interfaces I’ve used

Nektar midi flex 4
    Roland a pro acts as a midi interface

18. Kafel

Kafel NI Product Owner

What about Maschine+ with Komplete Kontrol Sxx mk2 standalone, without computer?

19. D-One

No, of course, you miss understood me. I wasn't asking you to do it, I would do it, I just didn't want to edit your OP without permission but it's probably a better idea to start a new thread and close this one.
    Congrats on the baby btw. :)

Oh, do you mean two separate posts in the same thread?

20. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I was thinking the devices (USB audio, USB MIDI, USB storage, and power banks) in one thread with the top/first post just separated with subheadings and the Kontakt/Reaktor stuff in another thread (first post separated by Reaktor and Kontakt subheadings). But whichever way you think, it was just a thought.

• Like Like x 1