Maschine Drum Selection Error

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by Sanspants, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Sanspants

Sanspants New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased the Maschine Drum Selection library because (at the time of purchase) the page said it was compatible with full versions of Battery 3 and Kontakt 5 (I have Battery 3 and Kontakt 4).

The library was activated through the service center, but I can't open any of the kits from this library in Battery. The error message reads "could not open encrypted sample (library not registered?)".

I have updated Battery 3 to the latest version and uninstalled and reinstalled the Maschine Drum Selection twice. I am able to look through all of the samples in the .nkx file under the browser tab in Battery, but get the same error when I click on any of them. This is occurring in both standalone and VST. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Houseghost

Houseghost Forum Member

I think you should address this to the users in the machine area. I am not a machine owner but I think what is meant is that you can open all the battery kits with machine. And Not the machine kits with battery. But I can not answer you that. Maybe you should read the corresponding paragraphs in machines' manual.

3. Sanspants

Sanspants New Member

Sorry. To clarify, this is a Battery 3 issue regarding the Maschine Drum Selection pack. The pack is 20 kits from the Maschine library for use in Battery 3 or Kontakt 5. This pack would be redundant to purchase if you already own Maschine.

Basically, this pack includes the .nki files for Kontakt, and .kt3 files for Battery. However, unlike the Battery 3 samples, the Maschine Selection samples are encrypted in an .nkx file which (for me) Battery cannot decrypt.

I received this from NI support, but unfortunately it did not work for me:

"I inquired further regarding this and there is a workaround that works for some
    users which is to remove the library from Kontakt, and then re add the library
    using the "Add Library" feature in Kontakt. Once this is done it may work in
    Battery. This is a known issue so if this does not work you will have to wait
    until we release an update that resolves this issue."

4. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Get your money back, it is sold as Battery compatible so it should work rightaway.

5. Houseghost

Houseghost Forum Member

I don't see battery being mentioned in the product description. Are you sure this is meant for battery?

6. Sanspants

Sanspants New Member

It was certainly listed as compatible with Battery before I purchased it. A search in Google shows some reviews also stating this. Also, if it wasn't compatible, why include the Battery 3 kit files?

7. RedSpark

RedSpark NI Product Owner

I think the problem is that is for Kontakt 5 and therefore the library is not available to Kontakt 4, and is probably the reason for removing reference to Battery from the product desciption. I would ask for a refund if you can prove you have been misled.

8. nielsdolieslager

hey, did you use and register it in the Kontakt 5 Player?

9. Sanspants

Sanspants New Member

I have registered and used it in the Kontakt 5 player. The reason I don't want to ask for a refund is because it is useable, but I really wanted to use Battery's features with it.

Here's a review I found from 2009.

http://rekkerd.org/mini-review-native-instruments-maschine-drum-selection/

It looks like it worked with Battery (and Kore 2). It seems like the conversion for Kontakt 5 screwed it up for Battery.

10. nielsdolieslager

Sounds like NI. They're not responsible for information from third parties so if you can't prove the site said it's Battery 3 compatible when you bought it they don't even have to fix it.

11. Phillip

Phillip NI Product Owner

Hmmmmmm ! :confused:

I am getting the same results as Sanspants ! :confused:

Thanks for this post Sanspants !

Seems as though you would be able to open the Battery 3 Kit patches included with Maschine Drum Selection Library ! :S

Would be nice to see an update to Battery 3 that allows opening of encrypted sample data. :|

12. nielsdolieslager

Are the samples in *.ncw format? Last I heard, Battery can't even open those. What you can try is batch collect/resave the maschine drum selection in Kontakt 5, back to wav format.

The free Player can't do that.

13. Sanspants

Sanspants New Member

No, the samples are in an *.nkx file.

Thank you for the batch collect suggestion, however, I only have the free player for Kontakt 5. I have the full version of 4, but this pack is only compatible with 5.

14. nielsdolieslager

Nevermind, you can't convert samples that are in a nkx file.

Do you have Maschine? Maybe you can have Battery look in the Maschine sample folder.

15. Phillip

Phillip NI Product Owner

Hmmmmmm ! :confused:

You know, it would also, be very very nice to see an upgrade to Battery 3 that could import Maschine Kits and that allows opening of all encrypted sample data ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :eek: :S :cool:

16. Phillip

Phillip NI Product Owner

Hmmmmm ! :S

You know, it would also, be very very nice to see an upgrade to Maschine Drum Selection that included the un - encrypted raw sample data ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :eek::S:cool:

17. yaren

yaren Account Suspended

it would be nice if NI released battery 4 and got their **** in order

18. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

Update October 2013

I just installed the most recent update to Battery 4 (v4.1.0). This "known issue" (to quote NI support) still has not been fixed -- at least not for me. (If it works for you, please reply here.) Ditto for the previous version (v4.0.2).

It's not a big deal that this library only works in Kontakt, not in Battery. Battery's factory library has basically similar (for my purposes, anyway) material. The big deal is the lack of communication between NI support and the product's developers.