Maschine Drumsynths bugs 2.8.3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by cellophanemonk, Jul 18, 2019.

1. cellophanemonk

cellophanemonk New Member

I'm having a lot of trouble with the Drumsynths since the latest update. Currently what will happen is that after playing a few loops, certain elements of the sound just drop out. For example I will lose the decay sound of the snare or the kick and it will only play the transient or in the case of the kick sounds suddenly be a higher pitch. Restarting or hitting stop and then play again will fix the problem temporarily, however it only takes less than a minute for the problem to start happening again. its currently made the drum synths pretty unusable.

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

any chance you recorded some automation? or is this happening on a new instance in a new pattern?

Peace,

Blindeddie

3. cellophanemonk

New instance in a new pattern

4. Quasar _-*-_

Quasar _-*-_ New Member

5. Blindeddie

Yup, I was able to repro, appears to be some sort of "Internal" modulation that is causing certain parameters to "Fluctate" in the background.

I do not use those plugs very often, so I never noticed. if you do like the sound and have it dialed in to what you want (initially, before all the craziness starts happening), render the pattern to a .wav and use it as a loop...Just a possible workaround!

Peace,

Blindeddie

6. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all.
    Thanks for flagging this. Can you please check if the issue is still present in 2.8.4 and if so, provide some particular steps for us to reproduce the problem? I.e. your operating system, Maschine version, sounds you load, audio settings, steps that are needed to make the problem appear, etc.

Once you do we can have a closer look and see if we can find the cause.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blindeddie

Hello Kai,

still happening in 2.8.4 here are the steps and system specs

Maschine Version 2.8.4
    Maschine MiKro Mk3
    System: Win 10 Pro Intel i5-4590 3.30 Ghz 16gb Ram
    Sound: Kettle Plate from sounds browser
    Test 1 - Add sound to the group, set pattern to 1 bar, place note at beats 1,2,3 and 4
    loop pattern, the sound starts to fade out after 15 or so loops (yes, I actually counted :D). stopping and restarting looping sets sound back to normal, but after looping fades out again

Test 2 - Bypassed all effects on the sound started looping pattern, same result as test 1

Test 3 - Removed all effects, same result as tests 1 and 2

test 4 - load drumsynth/percussion manually into a sound, from the context menu (Internal -> DrumSynth->Percussion), switched engine to Kettle, same 1 bar loop with note on each beat...at 15 loops, sound starts fading away.

This is the only sound I tested on, but as you can see from the OP, happening on other Drumsynth Sounds.

Hope that helps you nail it down, if you need any further info/testing, let me know, happy to help!

Peace,

Blindeddie

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

9. cellophanemonk

Maschine version 2.8.4
    Maschine Studio
    System win10 pro: Intel i5-2500 3.3GHZ 8gb of ram
    Sound Snare drumsynth using the Chrome algorithm
    set up a loop with a pattern of 16th notes, after looping a few times part of the sound drops away or starts to sound intermittently before disapearing

most of the percussion, snare, and kick algorithms do it, havent noticed anything with the hihat one

10. cellophanemonk

you can make it happen quicker if you turn the tune knob all the way down while the pattern is looping

11. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

After a while the sound comes back, like there's some lfo in the background modulating the volume.
    Very weird issue o_O

12. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Thanks everyone. We'll have a look at this and look for a solution. :thumbsup:

13. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I cannot reproduce this. With the tune knob in the lowest (A0) 33.00 position and in the highest (A2) 57.00 position.
    Will the audio level decrease evenly after the 15th loop.
    Drumsynths loaded in kettle mode on slot one, no preset loaded.

René

14. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I can reproduce this.
    After the 15th run the audio level will decrease evenly.
    At the 30th loop, it is reset, and starts again from the beginning with the normal audio level. these two steps keep repeating.
    Drumsynths loaded in kettle mode on slot one, no preset loaded.

René