1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Jon Watte

Jon Watte NI Product Owner

Yes, that's what I was missing! I was googling around and couldn't find that. Thanks!

2. Jon Watte

Jon Watte NI Product Owner

I agree it's more flexible to just load the computer-side patch and then edit each individual pad for each group manually. It is, however, not easier at all. It's a lot of work. I think the main problem is that the CPU really is under-powered compared to the content. An Atom isn't a Core i7 isn't a Threadripper, yet expansions aren't generally authored for the low end. Old-school setups with single effect busses rather than effects on each sound existed because older CPUs were slower (and before that, outboard gear was expensive) so this is a bit of a mismatch.

3. Superdisco101

Superdisco101 New Member

I use my Maschine+ as centerpiece for my studio. I have a lot of external synths and drum machines. I‘ve routed different groups to my external gear and saved the groups. But when i reload the group, all the midi specific datas are gone. After reloading a group the midi channels are missing and i have to setup all the channels again. Please please Fix this. For now i have saved a studio setup project. This holds every midi information for all my external gear. But sometimes i dont want to start with this project...When i am in the flow and just want to load an external instrument group i first have to set up all the midi imformation for this group. This kinda breaks the flow... Maybe iam missing something?

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Are you loading the Group with routings (the +ROUTING option enabled)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Superdisco101

Superdisco101 New Member

Thank you so much. I forgot to press shift even more, haha. A bit nooby from me, eh..

6. thegreenman

thegreenman NI Product Owner

I like the Audio Plug-In, I wish there was some kind of envelope option in the Gate mode, right now its just fade and i can only adjust it for in and out at the same time

7. Dstep ATL

Dstep ATL NI Product Owner

I’d really like custom, importable, user chord progressions like on the Akai Force. For now, my Force is going to be my midi controller for the maschine in my main set up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. thegreenman

thegreenman NI Product Owner

the most urgent thing really is some file management improvement.
    If I use for example a Samples from Mars Instrumtent, my User samples are crowded...and new single samples are very hard to find...kind of unworkable...except if you say: I work with different sd cards or so

9. imagevoice

imagevoice NI Product Owner

WLAN stays "inactive" after restart and only went active on my order!

10. Dstep ATL

Dstep ATL NI Product Owner

One more. A halftime type effect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. denony

denony NI Product Owner

Hello there,

I am new in Maschine & Maschine+. I am so existed ! :) But I miss some features.
    I would add some some requests here :
    • Please add feature to record chords and chromatic notes in “step mode”, using the Maschine+ pads (in Keybord or Chord mode) or an external midi keyboard. I use it a lot on my Roland MC-101 groovebox (it is a killer feature for me :thumbsup:)
      More details in ""[Maschine+] Events thread."
    • Please add a way to allow connection or reconnection to hidden SSID Wifi networks. Add a way to show the Wifi password while imputing it,
    • Please add an easy way to select multiple pads as we select multiple objects on a computer (by pressing and hold [SHIFT] and right click on the objects with the mouse). In my opinion, it is an easier way than press hold pads (if more than 5 pads should be selected)
      More details in ""[Maschine+] Events thread."
    I hope Native Instruments will read this,

Thank you
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  12. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Oh, I just saw this thread right now. Nice. :thumbsup:
    I'll contribute soon...
    D-One, is there an overall list for all M+ suggestions right now? :rolleyes:
    :)

13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No. This thread is it, for now.

14. jeblo

jeblo NI Product Owner

My (most urgent) feature suggestions:
    • Improved integration of custom packs/expansions/content (samples, groups,...). I‘d like to add custom destinations like on the software, so I could add artwork on organize packs as products
    • More NI content (Kontakt libraries)
    • Modulation/automation view and edit
    • Arrangement recording to record pattern, scene, mute changes directly into the arranger (clips)
    • Possibility to add patterns into the arranger without adding them to scenes and then convert them into clips
    • Possibility to „move“ audio within a clip. Currently I need to change the position, then change start and length back to match the initial position. Even better would be to have auto-timestretch in the sampler and/or a trigger mode in the audio module (aka: Serato Sample, Ableton Simpler, Logic Quick Sampler in Maschine)

15. tetsuneko

tetsuneko NI Product Owner

I've been trying to leverage the synthesis potential of M+ as much as possible. The current macro system needs some improvements to better facilitate parameter editing. Here's what I find challenging:

- There is no way to edit envelopes of FM8 in M+ aside from Easy Edit parameters
    - FM8 Operator ratios cannot be edited precisely enough, resulting in out-of tune FM patches
    - Massive Oscillator Wavetables cannot be changed in M+

Some of these challenges would require software updates for FM8 & Massive? So not sure how realistic it is to get these sorted. However what needs further development is the maschine macro mapping and editing; Macro knobs need settings similar to what NI Reaktor offers: knob min/max, step size, reset value... In addition to this, macros need a way to perform "knob reset" somehow with the M+ hardware. I think getting the 4D encoder to assist in macro parameter editing could solve many of these challenges - clicking the 4D encoder could serve as a "parameter reset". So some way to get the 4D encoder to cursor the macro parameter area might be ideal.

One very much needed feature for external MIDI sequencing is the inclusion of MIDI bank change and program change messages. We need access to these on the M+

• Like Like x 3
  16. Discopotato

Discopotato New Member

I would definitely like a way to select multiple adjacent notes/events in either Step, Event, or Pattern view. Right now it’s either 1, None, or All, but I would like to be able to select the notes of a chord for example and be able to move/edit those notes together.

Other than crashes and the MIDI input not always working that’s the only improvement that I can think of at the time being.

17. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

That is already possible.
    In the Events Menu enable "Select" then tweak knob 1 and 2, they set the Start and End of the Selection, works perfectly for adjacent notes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

I would love to move projects from iMaschine2 directly to Maschne+, but it seems the Plus cannot read the imxprj (XML) file format. It would also be great if iMaschine could save the project directly to the Plus via wireless connection. Thus:

• Open iMaschine projects
    • Transfer projects from iMaschine diretcly to the Maschine+

19. pdxpch

pdxpch New Member

Please make it so that Jam can plug into M+ in Standalone mode and operate.

20. ech-OS

ech-OS New Member

I just wanted to second a "freeze" in place feature. I've run into the CPU limit, and being able to freeze groups in some way to reduce CPU burden would be huge.

• Like Like x 1