Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Sedat Senguel

Sedat Senguel NI Product Owner

Agree with all of these mentioned. View and edit Modulation/Automation would be very dope!!!

My Feature Wishlist would be:

- Dropbox/Airdrop/ Send-Via-Bluetooth or Network Folder type of situation where I can quickly send some audio files/samples to the M+. Maybe this type of stuff could be handled via iMaschine or a Maschine Remote app (like Logic Remote on iOS/iPadOS).
    - enabling USB-Harddrives (I know you guys are working on this to get this out later this year - fingers crossed!)
    - Key detection/tempo detection plug-in
    - port Play series to the M+ ;-)
    - Freeze/Bounce to Pads or Freeze/Bounce entire group (16Pads) to a new group.....so that I have a backup for the initial group.
    - Custom naming presets for projects. For example I often use to start the naming of the projects I make with the bpm or the name of the kit I use. If there could be something like an automatic naming with tempo ("157bpm_...") or a tag cloud with the last 5-10 used description words (like DnB_, EDM_, HipHop_) ....that could be cool for speeding up the project (re)naming process.

Other than that, so far very stable workflow on my M+.

Keep up the good work!

2. Sedat Senguel

Hell yes!

3. Joc

Joc NI Product Owner

Brilliant!

When pasting the only way I found to position where the notes will go is by pressing restart and then stop when the playhead is in the right place. That's a bit hit and miss but I can nudge the pasted notes afterwards.

Is there a simpler way to position the playhead for pasting?

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Shift+4D Encoder rotation moves the playhead.

5. jeblo

jeblo NI Product Owner

Try:
    PerformFX > Stutter > Pitch

It will create an half time effect. Bit clunky to automate, though.
    Start with any pitch % and immediately slide to the half of its value. Select the required length (we need to be able to set lengths longer than 1/2 bar and automation edit could help, too)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Joc

Joc NI Product Owner

Thanks D-One!

I can't seem to find these interactions in the Maschine+ manual. That shortcut moves the play head a whole beat at a time. Is there a setting to allow finer adjustments?

7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Turn off grid

• Like Like x 1
  8. Indepths

Indepths New Member

Grüezi,
    Well, after using my Maschine + for a week now. I would love to see more instruments, especially for owners of Komplett Ultimate package.
    For example, I have to plug in to my computer to be able to use Stradivari Violin or battery 4.

Thank you in advance. Cheers =)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jumbuktu

Jumbuktu NI Product Owner

A rather minor one here, but one that should be ultra-easy to implement. I love that Maschine+ packs just about every scale known to man, but for some reason it is missing the Indonesian Slendro and Pelog scales. I would settle for approximations using the notes of the Western Chromatic scale if microtones aren't available.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JESOUNDS

JESOUNDS New Member

I want to be able to sort my expansions by Genre. Like you have in the store.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dstep ATL

Dstep ATL NI Product Owner

Thanks that’s great I will try it out!

12. radore

radore New Member

OTT type of multi-band, please.

13. Sedat Senguel

I would love to see a feature where I can lets say load 3-4 kits/groups and then press a button where I can build/consolidate kits/groups only with the used sounds out of the initial kits. In short if I have 4 groups and only used 4 sounds from every group/kit (with 16 sounds/samples each), then it should build a new kit with 16 pads out of them so I could delete the initial groups/kits and save memory. Not that I ran into any issues until now, but I think this would be a good way to minimize system loads.

14. alf1o1

alf1o1 New Member

On MAS+ I would like to see a way to visualise modulation and automation present in a pattern (ie. velocity pitchbend and other CC parameters),
    similarly as you can in the PC Maschine software at the bottom.

Also would be great to be able to edit the automation (without just turning the knobs in real-time whilst recording). I'm thinking drawing automation in by turning 2 knobs like an etch-a-sketch

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sedat Senguel

Agreed 100%!!!! Please NI

• Like Like x 1
  16. alf1o1

alf1o1 New Member

I would like the possible number of audio inputs to be increased when using external audio interface
    Current limit is 8
    16 or even 24 inputs would be perfect

This request is relevant for both Maschine+ and for Maschine software on PC

Keep up the good work NI team!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Saek One

Saek One New Member

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. Anyways, i dont think this has been requested yet. Can we request:
    • USB Ethernet adapter support
    • Cloud storage integration (similar to imaschine) - Would love to be able to export projects to google drive for example, then go to my main PC and download the projects files.

18. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

19. alf1o1

alf1o1 New Member

When in sampler mode, I would like to see the sampler settings get stored for each pad instead of being a global setting.

For example I select pad1, enter sampling mode and set input source to external and record something. I then select pad2 and set input source to internal and record something. If I now go back to pad1 input source is now set to internal. I would like for it to remember the input source (and the other settings) that were used from the previous time i recorded in that pad.

20. Mod1

Mod1 NI Product Owner

Can we have a realtime audio export that will record any hardware synths through the external inputs. stems in this fashion would be great also although I'm more concerned with bouncing my hardware synths within maschine

• Like Like x 1