Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. alf1o1

alf1o1 New Member

How is this different to what the Sampler mode currently does?
    Just choose a new pad to bounce to, use the Audio engine (shift+browse and then choose sound and audio). Then press the sampling button, select your audio source and set length to free. You can then record your whole song to that pad. After, use the new clip feature to make that bounced audio spread over the entirety of the project (ie across all scenes)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. Mod1

Mod1 NI Product Owner

It would be a lot less convoluted if you could just real time bounce all groups in real time to stems (obviously it wouldn't need to be in real time with no external audio) or real time bounce to final stereo file. It would be a nice quick way to get a track finished without messing around bouncing to pads/clips.

3. xeamus

xeamus New Member

I’m new to the M+ but I find it really enjoyable.

Is there a function to step record chords? It would really help. Also a way to fast make all the notes same length so I don’t need to adjust every single note by itself.

Is there a way to step record notes that don’t always start with a C when I select the notes via the pads? That would really speed up the workflow so I don’t need to move around the notes up and down all the time. Suggestion is to use an encoder to change the note that will be triggered by the pads.

if not, please make it happen.

4. Jumbuktu

Jumbuktu NI Product Owner

There is already the ability to change the root note of a scale (so for example you can have G major starting on G). Is this what you mean?

5. xeamus

xeamus New Member

I would like to step record via the pads. But when I create a new note it always start with a C. Is it possible to fast and simple create a new note, for example E via the pad in steprecordning so I dont need to move the note up from C to E? I mean, just choose a note and than create it with the pads. That way I dont need to move notes up and down. Difficult to explain perhaps.

6. Jumbuktu

Sorry, I misunderstood. Recording a melody in steps is just like sequencing a beat. You select the pad you want to sequence and then insert all the steps where it plays then select another note and so on.

7. xeamus

xeamus New Member

Thanks for the answer. Is it possible to choose the note or chord I want with the KEYBOARD or CHORDS and place ut in a step? That would be really good for my workflow.

8. xeamus

xeamus New Member

Why not double push STOP to stop all sounds playing or restart the loop/song playing?

9. djneural

djneural NI Product Owner

+1 I totally agree with this. All this is definitely needed for us to feel at home with the Maschine+.

10. Jumbuktu

Yes, that seems to be the point of Step Recording.

11. Jumbuktu

Actually, now I tried it, I can't find how to select the note in Maschine+. It's possible in Mk3, but I can't find it in Maschine+.

12. gnarlee

gnarlee New Member

I would love to see better support for larger audio interfaces, eg. the Behringer UMC 1820 so I can route out 8 separate audio channels into my analog mixer. The UMC1820 for example gets recognised at the moment, but the Ext1, etc routes in weird ways like there's no mono outs and you can have a max of stereo outs, unless I'm missing something...

13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

There is a restart button and shift+mute stops all sounds. (Altho It would be nice to have a double Stop press to bring the playhead back to where it was before pressing Play)

14. Jumbuktu

Just bumping my own reply because I think this is a good feature request proposed by the OP, and it doesn't seem too difficult to implement. I thought it was already there!

15. xeamus

xeamus New Member

Ok. Thanks. I just think that the stop button could to more than just stop the music. The play button do that already.

I would like that the restart button play from the start if the music plays. If music is stopped I would like it to go to the start without playing. And a double press on stop, stops all sounds. But its not a big deal. Its better that NI focus on bugs and relevant updates. :)

16. Sharpsignal

Sharpsignal NI Product Owner

First impressions are awewome, I'm just a couple of days in so got a good way to go. Agree with most of the feature requests already said with for me personally the most important ones being (from a standalone usage perspective):

1. better visualisation of certain plugin features for eg: there is good room on the screens to visualize what an EQ is doing, and what frequencies are being generated, compressor threshold, sidechain ducking, envelopes, ... this would just be awesome!
    2. file management for own/custom files with folder structures, with optional tagging, maybe folder names can be a tag?
    3. EDIT: Moving a plugin to another group/slot.. for example you've setup a reverb and delay and compressor with specific settings on a sound and now want to move these effects to another group/sound to use as a bus to send multiple sounds to. Af far as I've seen this is not possible? Only possible to move within the same sound.
    4. Second LFO on the sampler (Or an LFO effect assigning an LFO to any paramter in the respective sound/group slot)
    4. ability to rename things from the hardware (files, sounds, groups, scenes,...) EDIT: renaming is possible in standalone mode, but not in controller mode I just found out.

And one I think I haven't seen: Access to the SD card from a PC when in controller mode (I think I understand the potential issues doing this while in standalone mode)

I also noticed downloading and installing an expansion takes very very long (15 minutes), and fails regularly. I had to retry twice for one expansion and once for the other (I have no issues on a desktop connected with wifi, via native access the packs were installed really fast comparing), really annoying when you leave and come back after 15 mins to see it has failed... I read someone saying an SD card upgrade might be a solution, that would be great!! Will have to try that I have a fast one laying around. Question though: Is there a limit to the SD size and a loading time consequence for having more files on the SD? (for example with a roland MC-707 loading any list that needs reading from SD becomes horrific if you put more then a couple of gigabytes of samples on there)

I've had a couple of crashes (latest versions), specifically when clicking SHIFT-PATTERN I end up in the clip view, but I have found no way to go back to PATTERN instead of CLIP, some time after Maschine+ crashes. After the crash or when turning off and on again I'm back in Pattern mode when pressing the Pattern button without using shift.

It would be great the expansions would be tested with the + version in stand alone. I got Ignition Code and just loading one Group/Kit made it impossible to play without cracks. I deleted all sounds I was not going to use, removed all fx and used shared fx busses to route to instead to get it working. I havent had any issues with performance for the rest so far with the other (Dark Pressure) lib. But I also have been very focused on using separate groups for shared effects instead of adding fx on sound level.

Looking forward to diving in deeper.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and double tap stop would be great if it stops and puts the playhead at the beginning. Also importing of MIDI files from the hardware in standalone!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  17. thegreenman

thegreenman NI Product Owner

How to load a selection of newly recorded samples into the Sampler plug in after just having loaded it to a new soundslot (not the one that was active when I recorded the samples) in Maschine+? Where is the "audio pool"?

18. thegreenman

thegreenman NI Product Owner

A simple Multiband Compressor in the internal FX would also help....thats why Serum, Spire sound fat

Looking into the future when new machines come, I would also like to "restore" a certain M+ condition.
    For example, if I update it in order to use the same Maschine version as on the computer and the new update doesnt run so well - what would be the way to work. Ok, there is a full reset, Im not exactly sure if that changes the Maschine version. Anyway it would be nice to be fully able to restore a certain installed software state from a professional musicians/usability point of view...

19. alf1o1

alf1o1 New Member

I also use a UMC 1820
    Would love to be able to use all the 18 ins (only up to 8 are currently supported simultaneously)

20. alf1o1

alf1o1 New Member

Gotcha, so there is already a bounce to stems. You press the file button and then choose export. You can then choose if you want each stem to be a group or an individual sound, or just the master.
    This however is not realtime bounce. This means external HW is not going to work.

Would be great if they could add a relatime export option here and preserve the audio/midi ins/outs so we could bounce external HW at the same time.

• Like Like x 1