Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. AirCy

AirCy New Member

I'd like to see Support for ext. qwert Keyboards or T9 style input on the drum pads.

Attached Files:

2. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

I'd really appreciate it if the two USB ports would just act as a hub when in controller mode. Just pass through to the PC; or at least provide power.

• Like Like x 1
  3. D to the H

D to the H New Member

Guitar Rig Integration (even if it gets watered-down)
    A GR controller (pads toggling pedals, gated pad effects, looping, looping, looping, super fast recall of favorite set-ups, knobs tweaking effects); a modern multi-track recorder for jotting down ideas that can also sample different backing rhythms; all wrapped in a portable production studio that can completely master and finish music ideas. Just the idea of how many pedals, cables, electrical cords this could eliminate...Guitar - Maschine+ - Powered Speaker...its' a complete, portable, one person band.
    This could bring the original thinking behind the 808 and 303 full circle - beatboxes to accompany guitarists. This would also be a modern take on the classic 80s 4-track recorder too. Throw in some synths, bass and any backing loops while you're at it. The live and post production applications for a single guitarist would be huge.

4. Linsteff

Linsteff NI Product Owner

FORM-Interface Integration :)

5. Tau Rhine

Tau Rhine New Member

I beg you to port Absynth to Maschine+! It is such a forsaken beast which is capable of creating the lushest pad patches one can imagine... Additionally, it would be great to improve the UI to make it more friendly to create patches in standalone mode. Labeling all parameters (instead of Knob 2) would be a great start!

• Like Like x 2
  6. denony

denony NI Product Owner

Hello

I would add to more features :
    • import / export a standard MIDI file (that contains note events, ...) to / from a Maschine+ pattern
    • user defined scale for keyboard mode (a way to select the notes we need on the 16 keyboard pads)
    Thank you

• Like Like x 3
  7. LincolnBanks

LincolnBanks NI Product Owner

Maschine+ Instrument GUI’s need sorting to show envelopes and osc waves etc, bit feeble as it is now.
    Some sort of MIDI effects like LFO’s you can route across instruments.
    MIDI CLIP / Files from SD card.
    Better file system from User Content - sub folders inside product folders.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Linsteff

it would be much easier if you could search for sounds with a keyword.
    Maschine+.

• Like Like x 2
  9. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

This might be a bug. If not, it's just annoying.

Add a reverb to an empty pad. Rename the pad. Add a filter and move it in front of the reverb. Your pad is now named 'filter'.

Never overwrite the name I've given the pad.

10. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

Not sure, but I think the same happens if you change a sample or synth plugin after renaming the pad.

+1

11. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

Considering that as a standalone device the Maschine Plus is just a preset player at the moment why not look into connecting the Maschine Plus in controller mode to the PC itself via WiFi? The M+ already uses Ableton Link so there are other wifi protocols setup other than just for updates. Of course we want all of our instruments on the Maschine Plus directly but perhaps this could fill some of that gap. Then in that wireless mode we could transfer our sounds to the M+ for use in standalone mode.

In that same vein making controller mode and standalone mode integrated together for a more seemless experience would be useful as well.

12. tighermann

tighermann New Member

-Sleep mode
    -Open projects stored in M+ sd card, from Computer in controller mode, without to go through storage mode and guess which other samples are needed
    -purge unused samples in standalone
    -save presets
    -rename samples
    -enable more instruments for Reaktor (Razor, Polyplex, etc.)
    -some editor for automations
    -mixer master channel
    -compressors, eq, limiter with some graphic feedback

13. G.Kenny

G.Kenny New Member

Here is a request for those of us using the Controller Editor App. It would be great to have Apple Script options for the app. Being able to script a button to take one directly to a specific Knob Page would be ideal. So you can assign knob pages to Pads and use Apple script to be able to go directly to that page. Would save a ton of time when using Maschine Hardware in other applications.

Thanks

14. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

Has there been any mention, or has anyone looked, if the wifi chip on this thing has bluetooth? BLE Midi would be killer on this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Linsteff

In another Post it was said that there is no Bluetooth. Apparently makes no sense.

16. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

That is a shame! Good thing I have all of these esp32's laying around.

17. thedavewalker

thedavewalker NI Product Owner

I want to buy an ASM Hydrasynth ( keyboard version ).
    It features Poly Aftertouch ( and now also a rudimentary MPE ).
    I'd like to record/sequence/control MIDI PolyT or MPE from/to the Hydrasynth using my MAS+.
    Can you enable the Pads to send PolyT or MPE?
    Pretty please?
    Then I maybe I could also use my ROLI Seaboard toys with MAS+ also.
    I would then likely die of happiness and it would be your fault, lol
    Kind regards,
    Dave

18. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

Yes Dave! I'm looking for the same. Make sure to check the feature requests, like and bump the aftertouch thread.

• Like Like x 1
  19. johnnytravels

johnnytravels New Member

I am writing to comment on the User Library issue. Ideally, we’d get basic file handling (renaming, copying, moving, deleting, folders!) but I would also really like to see a feature to keep M+ in sync with the desktop software. I spend a lot of time categorising my samples, and I really would hate to have to start again from scratch (or export them one by one). A syncing feature that sync libraries, user projects and files should really help us keep everything integrated and make working between the computer and the M+ much more seamless...

Edit. oh and please enable bluetooth, at least for midi... there’s even a logo on the box, so something must be in there...
    (...and get the Kontakt player instruments like Hybrid Keys and Soul Sessions in there, you’re losing money not selling them to us on the M+)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DJYano

DJYano New Member

hi,
    i ask for
    hold note / drone
    and
    conditional trigs - Elektron gear / Deluge

thx

• Like Like x 2