Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

What's wrong with the current Hold function?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DJYano

DJYano New Member

retrigger sound when back to beginning
    like in my Deluge

3. mino321

mino321 New Member

It would be very important when making a live show in a completely autonomous way to be able to make macros with midi cc and program change directly from maschine without using the software

• Like Like x 4
  4. BenConvey

BenConvey New Member

Better visual feedback of which scene is currently playing when changing scenes in the ideas view.

If you have the perform quantisation set to "scene" and some longish scenes it's not obvious which scene is currently playing.
    Ableton Push solves the same problem by highlighting the buttons of the currently playing scene in a solid colour whilst the next cued scene flashes.

This could be solved on the Maschine by adding a playhead icon to the currently playing scene in the ideas view like this image I made, or possibly gently flashing the currently playing scene name or both.

IMG_0314 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

The active Scene name Tab thingy is light grey on a black background with decent contrast and the button above it is light up, is that really not enough?

6. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

I think the request is not about the active scene but the currently playing scene... which can differ from the active one depending on your performance quantization, if I understand correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

Bug report. Consider this setup:

A1:S1 has an EQ.

B1:S1 has a kick. The output goes to A1:S1

C1:S1 has a synth and a compressor. Sidechain input source of A1:S1

This works as expected. Disable the EQ on A1:S1 and you no longer get the sidechain. You still hear the kick, but it will no longer duck the compressor. This routing works as expected in the software.

8. BenConvey

BenConvey New Member

Hey oli@bass yeah, that's right. Thanks! :) To put it another way , if you imagine my little play arrow wasn't there and I told you scene 2 was about to play, as its highlighted / visible, but hadn't started yet, because of the performance quantisation, how would you know which scene was currently playing? It could be scene 1 or scene 3.

Obviously you can counter argue you'd know because you were just on that scene or you recognise what you hear as a specific scene etc, but what if there were more scenes and you'd changed your mind a few times? It'd be easy to get a bit confused, for me at least.

Minor issue I guess but an easy improvement I'd of thought :)

9. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

Since i had to reset M+ and wiped all my favorites that way:

1. a way to backup favorites is obvious (and i know they already look into this) but...

2....how about transfering the favorites,that i have done on computer, to M+? And....

3....where are the favorites stored on a Mac?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Justin J

Justin J NI Product Owner

Maschine+ integration with sounds(dot)com - Let me download samples straight to my Maschine+ without a computer, please!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

Feature suggestion:

When scrolling through sends, direct routing, sidechain routing, etc; let us scroll directly through groups with shift + scroll. Press shift and the sound slots are hidden. Scroll to the group you want. Let go of shift and the sound slots are visible.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nutterwithbutter

nutterwithbutter NI Product Owner

Not sure if this already exists - but is there a way to change how the presets are sorted?

At the moment it is alphabetically - I have a feeling that presets beginning with X , Y or Z will hardly get a listen!

Can we have an option to sort randomly / by date created New to Old and Old to New / sort Z to A (backwards)

Or at least let me scroll backwards so that when i get to the top of the list it will go back to the last entry

• Like Like x 1
  13. couldtryharder

couldtryharder New Member

Disclaimer: I know M+ is more studio than live but I also appreciate the value of jamming in the creative process.

So, I've recently been experimenting with Extended Lock (saved lock states). It's great to be able to set start and end points for parameters across the whole device, trigger a morph, watch it unfold, then snap back to start or a new start point, maybe with some lingering post-fade effects etc (a cliche but effective)

How to improve this? (Total pipedream, I know)

1) Save morph on / off or morph mode with the saved lock - good for not forgetting to switch the mode when building / dropping

2) Colour code / name saved locks - easily distinguish builds / drops and their length

3) Morph curves - in addition to linear, either a series of preset curves or even custom curves

4) Ability to breakout all the parameters being manipulated in the transition and assign a curve to them

5) Assign a start and end lock state to a Scene so it triggers when you change the scene

If all the above were implemented it would go some way to solving the lack of control over automation in standalone M+ in the studio whilst giving additional hands to the live performer or jammer.

In the meantime, I'll get on with exploring the possibilities with this very capable instrument...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Christopher young

Christopher young New Member

I just want to be able to trigger scenes and patterns via midi and iti work stand alone mode. Maschine software already supports it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Christopher young

Did anyone add midi Bluetooth LE support to their wishlist?

16. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

Export and Import Favorites database. Even more cool would be a sync.

However, as Reset is always the first recommendation by support as remedy for about every possible problem, but also kills the Favorites database (on which I spend several days to build), the engineering should consider to provide a tool (may be a crude shell script) to save and restore the Favorites database on the M+ as part of the support system.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Christopher young

When you press the note in step sequencer turn the knob on under the note name on the left screen to change that note value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Lenox Ave

Lenox Ave New Member

Please port Absynth over for standalone!

• Like Like x 2
  19. jast

jast New Member

Logged in to suggest importing Absynth over for standalone and i see that it got suggested in the previous comment. That should be a sign NI. Haha! But for real, Absynth would be a great addition to add more variety with the other synth sounds that are on Maschine+.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Trevor Meier

Trevor Meier New Member

I haven’t read back through the thread yet. Are there plans to add support for Kontakt Player libraries (including 3rd party)? I’ve got an extensive sample collection I’d like to bring over.

• Like Like x 1