Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Christopher young

Christopher young New Member

Bluetooth LE Midi support. Would certainly be nice. Also some NI supported contact libraries. We need at least one good piano librbary for stand alone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Responder

Responder NI Product Owner

Same here, very annoying. We need midi learn on Maschine+ in Standalone Mode. Or do i miss something?

3. Responder

Responder NI Product Owner

+1 for conditional trigs

• Like Like x 1
  4. nutterwithbutter

nutterwithbutter NI Product Owner

Please let us sequence the Lock States!

I'm not good at live performance!

5. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

I recently discovered my RME UCX has a class compliant mode. Neat.

I have access to all 18 channels when changing the i/o assignments. Awesome.

It remembers what I had setup last. Ok. Nice.

I only get 8 inputs even though I have 18 of them (fix that; 16 minimum). I decide to change "maschine 1/2" to input 11/12. If I stop in input 3 for just a split second when scrolling, it is cleared from ext 2. So if I plan to change ext 1, 2, 3 and 4, I'll pretty much always have to start from 4 and go backwards.

I'd suggest waiting just a few MS longer before clearing the duplicate input. At least as long as the menu timeout.

...and can we save presets? That'd be nice. It's be nicer if I didn't have to limit myself to 8 inputs when I have 18; but if I have to limit myself, I'd like to create presets of the configurations I know I'll use. If using maschine on the computer, I'll switch to Cubase instead of putting up with this weird design limitation.

...and renaming the i/o would be great. It doesn't need to be user friendly. I'm guessing some file must be saved when hardware is loaded since it remembered my assignments after unplugging. I haven't checked on the SD card to see if there is anything obvious (though, I've plugged in other devices). I'd like the option to rename the device and each i/o channel.

6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yes, as a "Sound". FILE > Save As > In "Content-Type" select "Sound", it will then be available in the Sounds Use Browser.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

Sorry. I meant a preset for the interface.

Maybe I have 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 assigned to maschine. Maybe I want to have adat 1/2, adat 3/4, analog 1/2 and spdif .

Preset configurations for the audio interface setup

• Like Like x 1
  8. nutterwithbutter

Can I delete a project on Maschine+ from the unit in Standalone?

9. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

Yes. In the Browser (not File menu), select the Project and hit the Erase button. A dialog will pop up on the right screen, asking whether to proceed.

10. nutterwithbutter

Thanks - i was in the File Menu (not Project Mode) so couldn't see the option

11. stepansonsky

stepansonsky New Member

Hello NI,
    I would like to ask you, if (and approx. when) will be available Play Series on Maschine+? That would be absolutely awesome and huge level-up for Maschine+. Since Play Series are not so resource hungry instruments, I hope this will be possible in near future. For me, it will be the definitive "buy trigger" on Maschine+ :) Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey!
    Unfortunately, we don't have any extra information at the moment regarding what is coming next on M+. We'll definitely share here as soon as we get the green light on any new instruments.

13. noreye

noreye New Member

• Double click stop button moves playhead to start of pattern but doesnt start playback
    • Long hold left/right buttons to scroll menu pages
    • Left/right buttons move selection box by 1 bar in pad, keyboard, chord, step modes
    • +1 Conditional triggers like Elektron boxes. For those that dont know, this allows control of when/how a midi event triggers each time the pattern loops. So a 4 bar pattern can have fills, ghost notes or complete change of rythm that triggers after a defined number of loop plays. I didnt know what it was until I got an Elektron box. Its amazing and would be awesome if the Mas+ (or Mas in general) got it.
    • Probability per step and not the current random midi generator.
    • Adjustable quantize range (0-100%)
    • Erase single midi event with Erase button in addition to the shift-clear. Its counter intuitive that the Erase doesnt work on a single midi event.
    • Loop the area within the selection box in the events page. Useful when editing midi for a specific section in a longer clip.
    • +1 for full file management system. Rename, move, delete, create folders and files are needed if this is to be a true standalone unit.
    • +1 for backup/sync/share favorites/user folder. I've lost my favorites a few times now and its frustrating.
    • +1 easier management of custom user presets
    • +1 blutooth midi
    Thanks D-One and the NI team for this! Fingers crossed we get these features implemented :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Prab

Prab New Member

Support for more FX plug-ins both NI and third party. As a producer for many years, I have invested thousands of dollars on plugins including things like reverb and delay plugins from NI, as well as expensive plugs from SoundToys and other brands. To me, the Maschine+ is a creative box that allows me to be away from the computer for hours and focus on sound design and grooves. Having my full suite of fx to aid in this endeavor would make it so much more valuable. Generally just having more fx to mangle and transform sounds would be greatly helpful.

It is great to see the primary emphasis on stability though, as I still get crashes once a day at least. Overall looking forward to seeing NI’s continued investment here!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. NickGilday1

NickGilday1 New Member

More intuitive and live time stretch in the sampler.....

You have the audio module which does an incredible job of time stretch and pitch, live, without the need to process the audio file and is very simple to use. On the contrary, time stretch in the sampler is an absolute nightmare. Not only do you have to process the file for each change you make, but its not very intuitive at all as the recognition of the BPM of the sampled file seems to be way off.

If there was a way to chop/slice samples with the audio module, or provide a seamless workflow of time stretch in the sampler, I think you would make a lot of your user base very happy.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Prab

Prab New Member

Noting a couple potential bugs:
    - 4D encoder sometimes won't select events when it should. Screen displays "Master N/A." Pressing Volume button, rotating 4D encoder (ie. raising and lowering volume) and then pressing volume again allows encoder to select events again.
    - Parameter modulation indicator (small circle) remains on even after any audible modulation has been removed by using SHIFT+10 [Clear Auto]. Even after using Clear Auto, pressing "Auto" immediately defaults previously modulated parameters back to modulated state rather than keeping them at current level.
    - On NI Delay plugin, Time and Offset change to 8/16 and 4 when AUTO is held down (while this may be the "mid point" as with other parameters, it doesn't make sense here)

Feature requests (standalone mode, ranked):
    - Convert single Pattern to Clip
    - "No Retrigger" option for patterns - ie. if including a 16 bar pattern in an 8 bar section, then next section starts at 9 for that pattern, instead of 1.
    - See Master volume/clipping
    - Show modulated values changing in real time (other modulation changes to help modulate over the course of a song also welcomed)
    - Different swing options ("groove pools")
    - More FX; compatibility with existing NI FX (ie. Replika, RC 24 & 48 reverbs); compatibility with SoundToys FX
    - Autosave (temp files / non - destructive)

• Like Like x 3
  17. WelshGuy

WelshGuy New Member

A feature that is sorely needed is in the "Sampler and Audio" Edit function. Within a sample there is no option to attenuate or amplify a section. When working with captured samples it's often necessary to add gain to quiet sections or attenuate loud sections (especially vocals). Please add to the Sampler-> "edit" functions a "Gain" option where one may adjust the gain of the selected section. Thanks.

18. Nick Hess

Nick Hess New Member

+1 on conditions/probability for events

• Like Like x 2
  19. Koldunya

Koldunya NI Product Owner

REX file support so we can use Prismatic Bliss stand alone... :oops: Or just please, please, please just let us download the stupid thing as-is, we get all the Battery stuff from expansions, too >_>

Expansions with FM8 presets would be nice, too :)

+1 for sure

20. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

Just imagine... Bitwig 4 Operators..