Maschine+ feature requests

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by walerandei, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Sjoerd Ferkranus

Sjoerd Ferkranus New Member

I use maschine + only in standalone mode. I wish i could use midi program change to change scenes in maschine +. It would be nice if i could set this up in the hardware itself, just like you can in the software.

Sending program changes from maschine to other hardware works if you set this up in the software beforehand. The other way around, recieve program changes from other hardware to change scenes doesn’t work on the hardware… even if i set it up in the software beforehand, it doesn’t work in standalone mode.

I really hope this gets implemented in a future update… waiting for it really :) to incorporate the Maschine in my mostly Elektron, hardware setup. If this will work it will be my dreamsetup, where i can build up tracks in the Elektron patterns, where everytime i change to another pattern on the elektrons the scenes from maschine will change accordingly

• Like Like x 1
  2. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

On device midi programming in general is needed before it can be considered any kind of standalone studio hub. Other devices do this quite well.

Setting midi learn in the same way we set macros would be great. On the macro screen you could toggle between setting macros and midi. Shift+midi would be great for the plus but iirc that key combo is already used in controller mode to get to the midi templates so that would probably be best avoided.

Adding a program change value to scenes would be great perhaps with an option for send/receive/both. I think scenes only have 2 properties at the moment so there is screen real estate available.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lord of synth

lord of synth New Member

I would like to be able to sync my sounds.com sample libraries to maschine+ the same way it downloads expansions.

4. Justin J

Justin J NI Product Owner

+1 to this idea!

++1 if you let us browse and download from sounds.com through the Maschine+ over WiFi.

5. Atie

Atie New Member

Would love to see te possibility to record lock states. In record the parameter changes that the lock state change generates.

Would even be better if you could record the triggers to start lock state transitions from a clip. And if you could "layer" a couple of lock states together and trigger them from a midi clip.

This would make the maschine+ so much more capable.

6. Atie

Atie New Member

Just thought of how they could implement this. If there was some sort of utility that you could load up instead of a sound on a group that allows you to trigger the ext lock states as midi notes you would be able to do so much with that.