1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine I Love You BUT

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by DannyJLewis, Dec 19, 2013.

1. reaperre

reaperre Forum Member

No I use it on a Mac

2. reaperre

reaperre Forum Member

I got it from the download section of MaschineTutorials.com. It may be worth signing up for the site for a month to get the DL. They have some really good tutorials on there too.

3. reaperre

reaperre Forum Member

I just did a search for "midi controlled gate" and found fab filter pro-gate ( http://www.fabfilter.com/download/focus-pro-g-gate-expander-plug-in#focused ) it works similar to the HushVST that is only available to people who subscribe to maschinetutorials. I just downloaded the demo and it worked for me. You just rout the audio of your track to a track with the gate on it. The gate can then control the mutes via midi if you turn the threshold all the way up. I hope this helps for others.

Edit: I just noticed that the plugin that I just named is very expensive. It's more than I want to pay for a gate,but the main point is that you can do automated track mutes using a "midi controlled gate".If you put a few instances in a group together and route your tracks to them, it makes for traditional workflow. Other tools that may be able to assist in this would be LFO tool or maybe something like a Reaktor plugin such as the finger if you tweak it right.

4. DBralay

DBralay Forum Member

Pad mode duplicate scene copy and paste. I make complete compositions in machine only. Its not gonna make the song for you lol. You have to work around the limitations and trust me there are workarounds you get used to if you work at it long enough.

5. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

Imho if you're into what the maschine workflow is all about (minus what we are talking about here) trying to replace maschine with push would be a grave mistake. They are not comparable.

6. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

weird someone gave me it but it seemed like a windows vst

7. chicken65

chicken65 Forum Member

When I first came to Maschine not that long ago I was absolutely mystified why
    we couldnt record our pattern changes, mutes etc. I thought surely this was a
    no brainer at even the conception stage.

The fact it still doesnt have this has to make some of us wonder what is going on at the
    Maschine product development meetings. Doesnt anyone at NI actually use Maschine for a bit more
    than a 10 minute mess around? You do have to wonder about these things.

Personally I record my arrangements live/off the cuff, but for sure I would like to have the option of recording the mix as automation. A nice option for me, but an absolute necessity for many I would have thought.

This issue isnt important to some who are most likely using Maschine in a very basic manner.

8. chicken65

chicken65 Forum Member

In defence of the OP here:
    Hes not moaning. hes asking for a feature which really should have been in there from the start, or at the very least when VST plugin compatibility was introduced.

Im not singling you out, but like a few others here you seem way to defensive and resistant to having such a feature implemented. Why? you cant be against it since even if you chose not to use such a feature its implementation wouldn't affect you negatively in any way whatsoever.

9. jiggle

jiggle Forum Member

This +1

10. LowPass

LowPass NI Product Owner

im not against the feature being added. in fact if you read my later I post I said that i would also like it be added.

However the fact remains that right now the feature does not exist, so I have been saying rather than just stand around complaining about this fact that we are all aware of, lets look at alternative ways to get some results from machine, as there are plenty of ways it can be done.

11. reaperre

reaperre Forum Member

It was available in both formats at the time

12. chicken65

chicken65 Forum Member

@lowpass

Yes of course but don't you think the OPs request is totally valid. Its not some esoteric feature he's talking about. Im thinking this thread is really about getting NIs attention and keeping the issue on the agenda. Maybe the issue would get more traction without the workaround posts, which most of us know about anyway.

13. LowPass

LowPass NI Product Owner

yes i do think its valid, but I also think its pointless complaining on a forum about it. all anyone here can do is help the OP find other ways to use Maschine….……

14. panten

panten New Member

Indeed PXT-Live gives you a way to record your Session View performance straight to the Arrangement View (Mutes, Automation and all) Just setup your scenes and clips the way you want, hit Arrangement Record and jam away. Everything is captured and tweakable further down the line.

PXT also gives you rudimentary control over the Arrangement timeline. Allowing real-time FFWD/REW, Locator insertion and triggering, LoopStart/Length control, Loop on/off, Punch in/out, Horizontal&Vertical zooming and Global Groove Control.

The moddable nature of Push is the main reason I decided to go with it and not Maschine. I can totally sympathise with the OP.

15. robbieds

robbieds NI Product Owner

How is Midi broken in 2.0? I'm triggering the maschine plugin in live 9.1 with exported midi clips.

Danny said something about capturing the performance - --- Maschine is not a live miced instrument. This is not a live recording tool. It can BE; if you want to capture a performance like a band then you are going to need to record to another source/DAW.

--------A PERFORMANCE is not pressing mute/solo while your on playback....that is an automation. So get your high horse Danny and use one of the many workarounds for this.

16. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

Yeah , thougth Danny know what is a DAW . . .
    any way Maschine doe's already record what you play ; in a pattern . and is made for those "hands on " otherwise it should be a soft .
    so why not a new step forward ... i agree with this request , not only to create a finished track but simply to record what i create .
    So for know i use ableton , i should say thank you , cause 'it's because of a few crutial lacks like this that i discovered Live (to be clear and honest). Still : But !! lol ;)
    in another way Maschine is much more than good for me , but this is why i want more ...

17. DannyJLewis

DannyJLewis Forum Member

18. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

would this be CPU heavy? when ever I would do things like this on 1.8 then it would basically begin to max out my CPU on the iMac so I decided to not go this route .

19. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

Get off your donkey first!

20. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner