1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine+ internals :)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by alexbuga, Oct 2, 2020.

1. maxmatteo

maxmatteo NI Product Owner

do you have confirmed info its exactly this cpu?

2. maxmatteo

well they do custom boards....so customizing ram or onboard mmc storage is usually not an issue...

• Like Like x 1
  3. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

i do wonder why it even matters...

• Like Like x 1
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Confirmed by NI or some sort of quotable source? No. I might have a way of checking but I don't want to be quoted as the one who confirmed the exact CPU. There are really just 2 options and one of those makes more sense considering power usage and heat management, so in a very informal manner, I say you got it right but I have no interest in proving it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, what matters is if it does what it's supposed to do but for those of us who like computer tech it's interesting information/discussion.

5. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

fair enough :)

6. denony

denony NI Product Owner

Hello

Do we have information about the Wifi chipset. Congatec QA-50 is Ethernet only isn't it ?

About the operating system : Does Maschine+ run Linux ?

Thank you,

Regards

7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It is Linux-based.

8. maxmatteo

you can use a usb-to-ethernet dongle... it works right away...so wifi not really needed for downloading expansions ;)

9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

May I ask which brand of USB ethernet adapter you've got that worked?

10. maxmatteo

some old crappy one i had somewhere around...

this should do as an example:
    TP Link UE300

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Cheers. I ask because I've tried a couple of generic ones and neither have worked (even though they work as expected on Windows).

12. maxmatteo

well they must be compatible with linux, and mostly be included in the kernel....the one i mentioned is as an example.

this is the one i have:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020