1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Maschine+ ITB Sounddesign - Reaktor 6 the Solution?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Uija, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Uija

Uija NI Product Owner

I am missing a basic synthengine with accessable parameters (osc, amp, Filter, envelopes, Lfos) to build basic sounds on the Maschine+.
    I heared, that you can load Reaktor Patches on the M+.
    Would I be able to build such Synth(s) on Reaktor, Map everything I need in Maschine2 to macros and then use it als INIT-Patch in the Maschine?
    to make stuff not too complicated, I am fine with building different Patched for Mono/Poly, HP/LP/BP filters etc.
    I find 160€ a little too much money for a test that isn’t unlikely to fail.

2. vinylstyle

vinylstyle NI Product Owner

I actually just started playing around with Reaktor and Maschine+. I have no previous experience with Reaktor, but I was able to download some instrument and effect patches from the community library and use them in the Maschine+. But I had to do a few things to get them to work.

https://www.native-instruments.com/...are-automatically-visible-in-maschine.255084/

I had to follow some info in this post to remap parameters so they show up properly in Maschine. Mainly running the "Instrument Up" and "Sort and Compress IDs" options. Then making sure embedded snapshots exists and each snapshot has the right meta setting (either Instrument of FX).

Then I stored the .ens file in a custom subfolder on the Maschine+ SD card, went to Browse, select User, rescanned my user library (Shift + Rescan) and the snapshots showed up under either "Instruments" of "Effects". I need to go back and see if I can tag the snapshots in the Maschine software because right now, they are all just mixed together in the same list.

I found some useful effects that the stock plugins don't have, like a bass enhancer and some stereo wideners. There are a ton of other cool Reaktor patches. But a Juno-6 patch I tried maxed out the Maschine+ CPU all by itself just being loaded, not evening playing. So CPU performance is going to be dependent on the patch.

Overall, it's definitely possible. But I'm not sure how far you can really take it. Maybe someone else can share their experiences.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. vinylstyle

I've been playing around with Reaktor some more and learned a few more things.

1. You can tag the presets in the Maschine software and see it on the Maschine+.

2. I confirmed it is possible to remap parameters using the Maschine software. After remapping the parameters, you have to save the preset from Maschine and then open the preset in Reaktor. Then save the preset within Reaktor to an embedded slot. Then save the Reaktor .ens file back to the original Reaktor plugin .ens file on the Maschine+ and rescan the library. Now when loading that preset, it will have the custom mappings.

3. I was also able to successfully port several other NI Reaktor instruments and effects such as Kontour, Skanner XT, TRK-01 Bass, TRK-01 Kick, Molekular. I was able to port The Finger also but it doesn't really do anything since I haven't figured out how to trigger the effects. Interesting, some of the plugins display icons, but I'm not sure how. What I did was I copied the Reaktor plugin folder for each one into the "/Native Instruments/" folder on my SD card. Then I copied the .ens file of the plugin to a subfolder under "/Native Instruments/User Content/Reaktor/" and rescanned the library. Then they appear in the browser under User Instruments/Effects.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. vinylstyle

I got The Finger to work. I just had to put it in its on group/sound and route audio to it. Then when I play midi on The Finger it triggers the effects as expected.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Handed

Handed NI Product Owner

Thanks for sharing this info, super useful, will refer to this when I try loading some ensembles.

6. Linsteff

Linsteff NI Product Owner

you can use the FORM interface in maschine + ???
    Maschine+ import of midi files possible ?

7. vinylstyle

I haven't been able to get Form to work. The presets aren't already stored in the embedded bank. I was able to manually store a preset there and load it in Maschine+. But nothing plays. My guess is that I don't have the samples stored in the right location.

In general, any plugin that supports loading files probably won't work until NI provides support for that. The only thing I've been able to do for the plugins that work is load up presets.

8. Linsteff

Linsteff NI Product Owner

hopefully NI will support that one day.
    What would be interesting is the import of midi files or midi patches.