Maschine Jam Ableton 10 Template PROBLEM

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Gōreme, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Gōreme

Gōreme New Member

Hi,
    I have a problem with Maschine Jam Template and Ableton Live 10. When i push on a channel selector (maschine group A-H), the selected channel is also armed; when i hold shift and push on buttons A-H, i can select tracks without arming, but it doesn't work for channel 2.
    I used Maschine Jam with Ableton 9 for a lot of time without problems; I selected channels with buttons A-H and i armed channels holding Shift and pushing on buttons A-B.
    Why doesn't it work now?
    I hope in your support!
    Thank you for your attention.
    Best regards,
    Francesco

2. MichaelMK

MichaelMK New Member

Hi Francesco, Sorry I can not really help you. I have informed NI Support because by using MASCHINE Jam with Ableton 10 I can not see the Clips anymore after pressing PAD MODE button. With LIVE 9 its works as it should. I m a bit disappointed about NI Support as I get no feedback ....only an automatic message one week ago. Hope they release a new Template soon.

3. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Just try to copy the remote script from the Ableton 9 version and paste it in Ableton 10 remote script folder.

Worked for me.

4. MichaelMK

MichaelMK New Member

Kaldosh. I*m famliar with the template. The template does not work correct with Ableton 10.

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Note that the Controller Editor template and the Script are separate things, you need both for it to work correctly.

I don't have Jam but for Maschine Studio the script and template for Live 9 works perfectly on Live 10.

6. MichaelMK

MichaelMK New Member

Controller Editor and Template are set correct on Ableton 9 and 10.......the problem only effects on Live 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Yes same here doesn't work on channel 2 for some reason?

8. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Personally, it looks like the template is broken : I can't display the session view... (which makes clips triggering, deletions etc... absolutely impossible). Do you guys noticed this ?

I copied the Jam template to Live 10 folders.
    Then start Live 10, connect the Jam : I can see the session view at that point. But as soon as I switch to step / keyboard / pad mode, I can't go back to the session view :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I suddenly think that it is probably because of the group in the group feature.

I might try tonight without creating any groups how it goes and then try with the first and then second layer of group and compare behaviours.

Regarding the arming Feature, I don't know if you are using beta version but las one 10.0.2.6,completely deleted my preferences and favourite folders and such. I finially installed the last stable version and was happy to see you can still open the project in previous stable version.

Template for studio works perfectly. For jam I didn't notice any issue but was just mixing a track so I mainly used mutes and level, this where I noticed the tracks where arming when selected but this can be deactivated in preferences record warp launch tab I think. I just know the last beta did reset thos preferences as well.

10. sound-fx

sound-fx NI Product Owner

As a Komplete Kontrol MK1 / 11 Ultimate owner I was just about to buy a Jam to give me access to the Maschine side of things, along with wanting the best of both worlds - Maschine / Push.

But as a user of Live 10, I'm going to pause and watch this thread.

11. Gōreme

Gōreme New Member

Hey guys,
    some weeks ago i receive an answer from Native Instruments to my problem:

"Apologies for the delay in getting to your request.
    The Ableton 9 template is not entirely compatible with Ableton 10. The developers are aware and working on this.
    We will update you as soon as there is an Ableton 10 template for Maschine Jam. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Best regards"

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Actually, there's a new template in 2.7.6 which at least solves the session view issue I had.

upload_2018-5-11_14-23-57.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Can some more people having the issue confirm that the 2.7.6 template fixes it?

14. Scoody

Scoody New Member

Ufff just wanted to Install the script for Ableton tonight and stumbled upon this forum. Will wait for a moment...

15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I used this template to check but clearly the notes in keyboard mode are not right.
    I didn't push the test further atm

16. NTRLX

NTRLX NI Product Owner

Where is the key backlight in JAM in step sequencer mode in Ableton 10?

There’s a sleep template for JAM. How to use it? I need to keep controller editor open to have a template script working...

EDIT:

To be more specific about the backlight colors in JAM. Please take a look at

Looks like a fine tuned JAM template with Ableton (Ableton 9)

Can someone confirm that the current JAM template for Ableton 10 has less features than the old one?

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  17. SchluppiBobbz

SchluppiBobbz New Member

I can confirm, that I also don't have any key backlights. When changing modes on the jam, the pads stay dark. They work, but aren't illuminated,
    Thus, the usage of maschine jam as an ableton controller is not feasable atm, at least not for me :(.

18. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I confirm same here

19. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Not sure what you mean - Key backlights? I'm just trying it out

20. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

If you sequence with Jam in Ableton the sequenced pads actually do not lit as expected. Also, a moving led should indicate the position on the sequencer grid