1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine JAM step sequencer software tweaks for compound time

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by Jodi Curtis, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Jodi Curtis

Jodi Curtis New Member

I like using compound time layout in the step sequencer sometimes, but it's really all oriented in display around 4/4.

When for example the step sequencer is 6/8 per bar it gets hard to intuitively know which offset to apply beyond the first bar, so an option to null (in this case the last two bars) in the Maschine JAM when it's rolling even by software feature toggle (to alter how it maps the steps) would be really useful.

**6/8 (and 12/8) is rhythmically 2/4 (and 4/4) not 3/4 as you divide the top by 3, and the bottom number by 2 and using a triple in place of a single beat. To use 3/4 you would need to alter the tempo (and thus reduce note length) by a whole third I think, for it to be similar, which I guess is doable but then I think it would be problematic in other ways. 3/4 has the same issues in terms of the step sequencer offset (it would need every 4th step effectively skipped instead)

2. Don D'vil

Don D'vil NI Product Owner

Are these rock tempos? I'm a 4/4 guy and would probably die if I had to use these times. Cheers