Maschine Jam & Traktor Map

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by hdjnim, Oct 19, 2016.

1. hdjnim

hdjnim NI Product Owner

Hi NI users,

i think that it wil be very usefull a Traktor Mapping for Maschine Jam. The 8 touch strip could be very smart to control the FX parameters, or the remix slot volumes. The 8x8 matrix pad, is perfect to control the remix deck slot cells, and the Step Sequencer too. I think that if NI Developers could prepare for us a complete Traktor Mapping for Maschine Jam, the Jam could become a usefull extension for a Traktor Setup.

thanks

Andrea Maio

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It was suggested at the Jam launch event that it was at least being considered, if not actually worked on.

3. Livewarp

Livewarp New Member

I have to agree, it is the "missing link". If we talk about convergance then DAW sync to DJ software and cDJ controllers has to be the next step. ansd etc has to be the next logical step
    It seems strange that there is a factory mapping for Ableton, support for "Ableton Link" but as yet no support for Traktor. Ewan or Mad Zac from DJ Techtools could be working on one;)
    You could do some great Jams with Traktor stems.

4. NiceMixx

NiceMixx New Member

5. bobbyduracel

bobbyduracel NI Product Owner

That looks pretty amazing, and it's clear you spent a lot of time on the mapping. Are you planning to release any mapping specific to the step sequencer functionality of the remix decks? I checked out your site. It looks good! I added this mapping to my cart, but would strongly prefer the Step Sequencer functionality. Nice work!

6. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Hi All,
    I'm working on my custom Traktor mapping for JAM that utilizes sequencer and full 4-deck control (track/stem/remix). Keep an eye on maps.djtechtools.com for the release in next month. :)
    Peace

7. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

Any of these scratch with the touchstrips?

8. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

It sure is possible to map this by using the pitchbend type of message but don't forget that there will always be a huge off-set because we are working with MIDI and not HID mapping.

9. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

So I'm finally at the point where I'm putting final peaces together :) I've just implemented the "tempo nudge" functionality by mapping a touchstrip on Maschine Jam. In case anybody want to see it in action here is the video:

10. roebi

roebi NI Product Owner

may I have that script plss

11. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  12. roebi

roebi NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Happy to help! I will soon upload a new version with small improvements.