Maschine micro mk3 midi

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Stephen Scheets, Sep 18, 2018.

1. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Hi Toby, I completely understand, as I also work for a product development company. Thanks, I appreciate your positive reply. That's great to know. My best wishes to all of you! :)

2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

How distant into the future are we looking for MCU support on KKMK2?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. samstokes_nz

samstokes_nz New Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

you can use external midi controllers to record midi notes into maschine

Uwe

6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It comes in the Mac version by default, whoever wrote that article might not know that in windows you need a 3rd party driver for that... although it was mentioned before that Maschine for windows installs BOME by default for the same purpose:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/bome-virtual-midi.323582
    So I am kind of confused...
    On the other thread, I asked where your virtual port came from because the name was different from mine.

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Ahh OK didn't know that bones comes with maschine cause I have not automatacly an virtual midi port - so I can uninstall the other software and use bomes if I need it that's also fine for me - thanx for the info D-One

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  8. D-One

Check first if there's another Virtual MIDI port listed or not... because I have seen people saying there's no Virtual MIDI port for them on windows.

9. BB-8

BB-8 New Member

I've just purchased the Mikro MK 3 and after opening it and spending all day trying to work out how to operate in MIDI mode, have come here to discover it does not currently have this feature. I would like to request a refund and return. I've sent an email to customer support but have not had a response. Can you confirm this is possible?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Given the situation with the KKMK2 not having MCU one year after launch, despite the first-gen KK having it, I doubt it'll ever come. Both are promised, but NI are completely silent.

11. D-One

Where did you buy it from? You should have 12 to 15 days to return it if you're not happy with it.
    Confirm what is possible? MIDI mode? No, NI representatives said in this very thread that that's coming... "when" is the real unanswered question though.

12. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

Seems this is solved with Maschine 2.7.9 and Firmware update 0.4.8 from yesterday,

Still, I don't find how to use this MIDI mode with Windows, I don't see any MIDI port related to the Maschine controller, did I miss something about how it should be used ?

Also, I don't see Mikro MK3 in Controller Editor.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Hi X-Raym,

What are you trying to do with the Mikro on Windows? Are you trying to run it in a DAW or just standalone or something else?

Maschine Mikro Mk3 is not supported in Controller Editor, the mapping we have provided is static.

Thanks,

Toby

14. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Hi Toby,

Will Mikro MK3 be supported in Controller Editor in future? Or are we done with all the updates (software and firmware) related to Mikro MK3?

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

15. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

really? One static mapping? And no controller editor support, what the piont in a midi mode without editing support..gotta say that's totally unsold me picking up a mikro..

• Like Like x 2
  16. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

I'm not sure how this MIDI mode is supposed to work, I was just trying to get the Maschine Mikro recognized as a Device in the MIDI device list in REAPER DAW, and then with other software like Melodics.

I tried with Maschine software open and close.

Shift + NI Button do put the Maschine Mikro MK3 in MIDI mode (pas became yellow, and MIDI mode is written on the LED screen) but no software is able to recognize it in this mode.

What would be the process to use the Maschine Mikro MK3 in MIDI mode in another software ? What is the regular usage of this feature ?

Thanks for your assistance.

17. D-One

That's what I assumed would happen, a bit disappointing but better than nothing I guess... If the mapping is static some public info on what the values for each button are would be nice.

in order for people to provide help, you need to reply to the questions...
    In Mac/OSX the Mikro show's up in any DAW as a MIDI device, works fine.
    On Windows, I am confused about if Maschine auto installs a virtual MIDI port or not (would be nice to have confirmation from Toby)... Some people say they have others say they don't and i think the virtual MIDI is required but i could be wrong.

Same as any other MIDI device, enable it in the MIDI preferences and it's done. At least in Mac OS. The usage is using the pads and buttons to control something else other than Maschine software.

Cubase - is auto added.
    [​IMG]

Live, also auto added, you might need to enable track if it's not on by default
    [​IMG]

Reason - under Keyboards and Control Surfaces click Add Other, press "find" and any button/pad o the controller.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  18. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

D-One
    Thanks to your infos I tested something else,

it seems that putting the Mashcine Mikro on a better USB port was necessary. (the previous USB port works fine in regular MODE but not on MIDI apparently).

It is now recognized in REAPER, and Maschine software doesn't need to be run.

https://monosnap.com/image/qTX0F0R5uysOFTDAmDU42b56LWrx59.png

I'll continue test tonight and report if there is a problem !

Cheers !

EDIT: or maybe it was just that I needed to restart the computer.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  19. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Hi Enigma,

We're open to integrating into CE but we actually want to try and determine if there is a genuine demand for it before doing so. As for the FW and SW updates related to Mikro we are certainly not done. We're all very happy with the Mikro in it's current state but at the same time we think we could add a few things and improve a couple which will really madd a lot of possibilities and enjoyment to the users. I'm not sure when the next release will be but we do want to get all this stuff to you guys as soon as possible. I'm hoping for something in the next couple of months. I'll keep you posted

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  20. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

There is :) In REAPER we can link actions to MIDI CC, if we would customize them, we would have access to even more CC shortcuts !

EDIT: My bad, we can even link to MIDI Notes.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018