Solved Maschine micro mk3 midi

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Stephen Scheets, Sep 18, 2018.

1. marcora

marcora NI Product Owner

+1 to whatever moss says! These trivial changes would make the life of midi mode users and script developers much easier.

It would also be nice to:

1) be able to set color and intensity (in addition to on/off state) by sending midi to the pads
    2) have SHIFT + PAD send CC on/off state instead of notes

2. dj lil or

dj lil or New Member

Please Please entegrate Maschine Mikro 3 into CE! I used to have Maschine 2 as a midi controller for Serato, and I was quite dissapointed when i bought my Maschine Mikro 3 and found about that... Main thing is to be able to use the 16 pads in different groups

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Hey dj lil,

I'm not clear what you mean here:

Do you mean the ability to use the group buttons to transpose the MIDI notes that are sent via the pads?

Thanks,

Toby

4. dj lil or

dj lil or New Member

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to be more accurate.
    I need to be able to edit Mikro 3's MIDI maaping through Controller Editor, in order to use the Maschine as MIDI controller for DJ software.
    When I used Maschine MK 2 I had for example:
    GROUP A - 16 pads of cue points
    GROUP B - 16 pads of loop rolls
    GROUP C - 16 pads of sampler
    etc...

With Maschine Mikro 3, I can only use ONE group of 16 pads, and that's very disappointing and limiting to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

+1 for support of the mikro mk3 in the Controller Editor. I suppose this would enhance sales as the hardware could be used in other set ups, not just with Maschine. The current midi implementation is too basic to do anything interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yeah. Not sure if it will boost sales significantly but the problem is since it's the only Maschine controller without CE support people already expect it to have the feature, they're are buying it to later get disappointed so at the very least customers would be happier.

• Like Like x 4
  7. dj lil or

dj lil or New Member

exactcly! I bouhght Mikro 3 expecting to have this feature (doesn't appear ANYWHERE in NI's website that it doesn't), and now I can't return it beacuse I connected it to the computer. very disappointing :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. D-One

Where did you buy it? Retailers offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you're not happy with whatever you buy regardless of any plugged-in / registered / software crap.
    If you're really upset make use of your rights as a customer, if the 30 days have passed then it's no longer an option.

9. klancyk

klancyk New Member

Is Mikro mk3 still unsupported in controller editor? Asking because waiting to buy it.

10. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Sadly, still not supported.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. klancyk

klancyk New Member

Quite recently I sold my Maschine mk3. As it was too complex for my needs, I preferred to edit most of the settings on my computer, it was bulky, not very portable, I didn't need an audio interface, and so on. In this situation Maschine Mikro seemed to me to be the ideal solution.
    Unfortunately, I gave up. By depriving Mikro of editing the midi settings, you are making your product worse. The only differences between micro and ordinary Maschine should be due to physical limitations. Now Maschine is too much, and Micro is not enough - in this situation I can only buy Akai or Novation.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. D-One

Understandable. Oddly enough a Mikro Mk2 would be better for your needs than a Mikro Mk3.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Seems like the same scenario with the KKMK1 vs KKMK2 in terms of basic stuff like this.

14. klancyk

klancyk New Member

What do you mean?

15. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

16. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Whoever the project manager is in control over NI's decisions lately,needs to be fired, out the door, you are slowly bringing the attention to the large customer base as well as other software teams you don't care about your clients needs. These are obvious mistakes that should never make the final release of a NI product. Shameful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. D-One

Bold statement... How do you know it's the PM's fault though, rather than the PO, or whoever is above them?
    They could be dealing with unrealistic delivery times which explains why things tend to come out inKomplete and buggy, it would kind of be like firing the waiter because the cook messed up.

18. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

IMHO in theory the person to take responsibility should be the CEO but we all know that often it's not that clearly cut. We aren't privvy to the internal dynamics but the sentiment that NI really doesn't care about it's users does have a certain resonance unfortunately on here. They could of course correct this perception but I'd hazard a guess that the live April Fools Q&A between Daniel Havers and the users isn't really going to happen :.....

19. D-One

My understanding is that sort o micromanagement is not exactly a CEO's responsibility, however, the blame will fall on him if anything at all fails. Using the restaurant analogy, if the chef delivered a terrible dish the manager/owner is responsible even if the error wasn't his.
    They care, without users there's no company, IMO they just dont care about the power users priorities specifically because they changed their target and are probably aiming towards some sort of disruptive innovation, well... joining the disruptive innovation started by others.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

We'll see how it pans out, especially with the new target users but there are few people on this forum who currently think that NI care. Caring is at least acknowledging your users (power or not) concerns and there is little if any indication of that here.

• Like Like x 1