Solved Maschine micro mk3 midi

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Stephen Scheets, Sep 18, 2018.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

If you peruse this forum you will see that I am far from being alone in finding Maschine (the software mainly but not soley) looking like it does more than it actually does and that in some areas what it does it does extremely badly (Automation for one). In some areas it is elegance personified and brilliant to use but sadly that doesn't run through the whole work flow.
    Coupled with a lot of false promises, a lack of development and no communication then whilst you might be happy as Larry with this you may be in rather a minority.
    Throughout posts there is repeated mention by many of all the limitations inherent in Maschine and very few of those mentioned on the user wish list are ever seen to be being worked on. They are far too numerous for me to reiterate fully here.

Many go from thinking they might be able to do everything in Maschine to realising that even if you can it can be rather tortuous to do so and then start to wonder why if NI can't be bothered to develop their software why they don't make it and their controllers snuggle up to other programmes in a more loved up and friendly manner and that's quite a good question IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  2. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

^^ Yup, I agree, you can't do everything in Maschine (depending on the style of music you make) and you will kind of need to use some sort of DAW or linear recording software like Audacity.

3. klancyk

klancyk New Member

Exactly.

4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

some of you are like a person with a Virginia Ham under their arm, crying the blues because they have no bread.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. klancyk

klancyk New Member

Really?
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...a-perfect-tool-if-ni-did-not-spoil-it.354849/

6. Syver

Syver NI Product Owner

+1 for Maschine Mikro Mk3 support in the Controller Editor. Thx.

• Like Like x 4
  7. recordfactory

recordfactory New Member

+1 for Maschine Mikro Mk3 support in Controller Editor

• Like Like x 4
  8. motabeatz

motabeatz New Member

+1 for Maschine Mikro Mk3 support in Controller Editor

• Like Like x 4
  9. Leif Hallberg

Leif Hallberg NI Product Owner

+1 for Maschine Mikro Mk3 support in the Controller Editor.

• Like Like x 4
  10. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

+1, again

Please, NI.

• Like Like x 4
  11. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Would be very interested in buying one for portable use if it was added to the Controller Editor.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Keith Mann

Keith Mann New Member

Deffo +1 for Maschine Mikro Mk3 support in the Controller Editor.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Yeeheee

Yeeheee New Member

• Like Like x 5
  14. Atlas_

Atlas_ New Member

+1 for Maschine Mikro Mk3 support in the Controller Editor. This is the reason I haven’t bought one.

• Like Like x 5
  15. nikita79

nikita79 New Member

I've been learning finger drumming with Melodics for two years, started with Push 2 and an Akai MPD218. I recently sold the MPD and purchased the Maschine Mikro MK3 as I wanted to add Maschine to my music production tools and thought it would be perfect for Melodics.

Using the Mikro MK3 with Maschine has been a pleasing experience, but with Melodics it's been average. The pads are a bit too sensitive and will often double trigger. I had double trigger issues with the Akai MPD218 from time to time, but I managed to adjust my playing to prevent it. As for Push 2, the experience has been amazing from the start.

But with the Mikro MK3, the issue is more annoying, especially for Grade 6+ lessons that require fast playing. I adjusted my playstyle a bit by hitting the pads harder than usual, which helped avoiding double triggers, but having the possibility to modify the MIDI CCs and adjust the sensitivity on our end would be best and would make the Mikro MK3 much more versatile.

TLDR; +1 for Maschine Mikro MK3 support in the Controller Editor

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Franks pappa

Franks pappa New Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sean O

Sean O New Member

I'm having trouble getting my Mikro Mk3 to show up as a midi device when in Midi Mode on my PC running Windows 10. Works with Maschine, and it also showed up as a midi device when plugged into my Macbook Pro 2017 running Mojave. I've tried every USB port on my PC in hoping that would fix it. Could it be I need to try a powered USB Hub? Anyone have any fixes for this? Thanks in advance.

18. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

This was posted by Toby earlier

https://www.native-instruments.com/...maschine-mikro-mk3.335575/page-7#post-1813939

I am so please to be able to tell you guys that we are currently working on Control Editor support for the Mikro Mk3!!!! Development is almost done and we will be putting it in beta very soon. Kai has announced some of the other stuff we are working on right now in the following post. There is also a sign up link for those interested in signing up for the beta. This is the quickest way for you guys to get your hands on the CE and any and all of the new features we're working on. :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/...-updates-of-maschine-komplete-kontrol.359227/

Thanks!

Toby

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  19. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator