1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Maschine Mikro 3 and Complete?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by SMoore100, Nov 19, 2021.

1. SMoore100

SMoore100 New Member

Hi All

Brand new user of the Mikro - only arrived today.

Had some fun just playing with the included libraries but wanted to try something different so bought the Butch Big drum pack.

This works great in Komplete, but I thought I'd be able to trigger the samples in Komplete by using the pads - but can't make it work?

I've put it in to MIDI mode but can't find anything else to try.

Hopefully I'm missing something simple - any ideas?

Thanks,

Simon

2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

There’s an app called controller editor in the native folder , there you can add a midi template to the mikro , not sure what the default one is , how many pages of pads for notes , but if you add a new template it should give you 8 chromatic pages of pads

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  3. SMoore100

SMoore100 New Member

Thanks for the hint - tried that and still can't get anything!

4. SMoore100

SMoore100 New Member

All the videos I've seen focus on the Maschine 3 - could it be that I can't do what I'm trying to do with the Mikro?

5. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

So you added a new midi template ?

The pads have 8 pages of notes , page 1 starting low down @ -c1 (something like that )
    I think ( not got the micro any more ) if you hold the group button in midi mode the pads should show 8 lit pads for each page , select a page higher up the octave page 5 should be around middle c (c3)

Load a synth in komplete so you can easily check the pads are working , if yes , then load your drum pack (I’ve not used butch drums) the drums sounds should be laid out across a note range , eg kick at c3 , snare at c#3 etc , then you just need to select the correct page for the note range on the micro , again hold group and select a pad from the 8 note ranges , I imagine the drums should start at c1 or c3 .
    Give that ago

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  6. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

You can definitely use the micro as a generic midi controller in komplete or any other sw , try what I said , double check the komplete preferences make sure the midi input is switched on

7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Looking at the butch drum web page and the image, the drums start at c1
    Looking at controller editor you want pad page C , the 3rd lit pad when holding group button

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021