1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine Mikro mk3 Firmware Updater doesn't work

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by m911, Dec 8, 2018.

1. m911

m911 New Member

I've searched for this problem here and it seems I'm not alone, there were two fixes that I found: 1. Use a mac to update firmware, and 2. downloading the driver package for Win10.

Well first I have no access to a mac or even know anyone that has one, and second, I'm on Win7x64, the driver package that seemed to work for some is different than the one for Win7.

Installing the one for Win7 (MASCHINE MKIII Controller Driver 5.0.1 - Windows 7 and above) that I find in the Downloads: Drivers & Other Files support section of my account, it fails. I'm left with an unrecognized device.... but when I install it manually there's three drivers to choose from: Maschine MK3, Maschine MK3 BD and Maschine MK3 DFU. I can install only one of these drivers, not all three. I understand that DFU is some sort of nonfunctional driver as I've read the thread about MK3 being stuck in DFU mode. But I don't know what BD is....

Regardless I'm able to install the Maschine MK3 driver and I've been able to use it in Ableton in plugin mode, but I'm still as yet unable to use it in standalone mode as it locks up my audio interface (a Roland Studio Capture) if I try to use it in ASIO ( there's huge latency with the generic asio and wasapi drivers) and of course I'm still unable to update the firmware no matter what I do. The updater doesn't recognize the unit at all.

All this may be a bit verbose :confused: but I wanted to be thorough.

Any help will be most appreciated :)

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Are you sure that the 5.0.1 is for mikro mk3? I think it's only for mk3 so the bigger one with the 2 screens. And as you already know it's officially only win 10 supported. But maybe anyone else with mikro mk3 knows better. And the DFU driver you need for the firmware update (DFU = device firmware update)

Uwe

3. m911

m911 New Member

somehow I completely missed that the mikro mk3 is made for win10 only :( this is beyond disappointing..... seems my only option is to send it back for a refund then...

Well I think I've made some progress in getting things to work. Not sure what happened the first, and many after, go rounds... seemingly everything is working except the firmware updater.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018