1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine Mikro - No More Midi

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by theabstrakt, Mar 25, 2020.

1. theabstrakt

theabstrakt NI Product Owner

Hi,

I've had the Maschine Mikro for nearly a year. While it was limited beyond what I was expected, it at least worked perfectly. That is until today. For some reason the device is no longer recognized by any software but the Maschine software. Last week I could place the device in midi mode and have it recognized in FL Studio and REAPER. Today? No recognition whatsoever. The device is kept in a smoke free studio and has never left the desk since I've taken it out of the package. I've restarted, use different usb cables, no luck. I would install/reinstall drivers but I can't even find anything for the Mikro MK3. I gotta be honest, the MK3 seems like a stepchild device compared to previous Maschines.

Any way, any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Open controller editor and see what happens

3. theabstrakt

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and I still can't get it to work. Perhaps it'll work tomorrow. I can still use Maschine software, so it isnt all lost.

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

So the device does light up when you plug it in but you can't switch to MIDI mode (shift + round icon (upper left))? And Windows (I assume) also doesn't give you the "USB device beep" or shows the 'remove hardware' icon in the system tray?

That usually an indication that there's something wrong with the (physical) connection.

I'm using both the Mk3 and Mikro Mk3 (the latter while I'm on the road, like now) and honestly? The only main difference between the two is that you need to use the software vs. doing everything from behind the controller. But other than that the Mikro is most definitely not a smaller version of the Mk3. You can do pretty much do everything you can as on the Mk3 where playing and composing is concerned. The main difference is browsing and tuning instruments from behind the controller, but anything other than that can be done on the Mikro as well.

5. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Does it show up in controller editor , has it got templates on it ?

Mk3 mikro or earlier?
    To reinstall drivers , just reinstall maschine software

6. theabstrakt

Yeah, it shows up for the CE. No templates. I’ll uninstall/reinstall to see if that helps.
    Thanks

7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

You need to add a template or it probably won’t switch as it would have nothing to switch too

8. theabstrakt

You’re right. I wasn't clear. I had used the midi before no problem with and without templates until yesterday. Now it doesn’t when I load a template or there isn’t a template, the controller is only recognized in the Maschine software. At this point I’m basically 98% sure it’s a driver issue and I’ll figure the fix soon.

Appreciate the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

So what you’re saying, is everything works in maschine , you can switch the controller to midi mode ? Everything lights up ? But in other daws the pads don’t work or trigger anything? Or it’s not detected at all as a midi input ?
    Can you use midi mode in maschine?

10. theabstrakt

So I uninstalled/reinstalled everything and ran all updates I could and everything seems to be working. Whats also weird is that even without a controller editor template, even transport controls are now working on the hardware in my DAWS.

Thanks for replies.

• Like Like x 1