1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Solved Maschine+ Missing Presets (V1.2.13.5)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by fmq, Oct 11, 2020.

1. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

Maschine + V1.2.13.5
    Firmware 0.1.5

When browsing instrument presets (maybe other categories as well,did not try yet),not all of the available presets show up.Example:if you select"all banks" on FM8 and scroll through presets,it will stop arround "F" and doesn`t go further but if you go through it bank by bank they are all there until"Z".

This counts for favorites as well.Example:

I have

36 Favs in FM7 legacy
    31 favs in FM8 factory
    41 favs in Transient attacks

But going to "all banks",the browser says"66 favs" and stops at"F" again.

It`s the same for Massive,Prism etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also,quite some Reaktor selection presets seem broken?Prelistening is fine but when i load them i hear just nothing.Sometimes the sound fades in after half a minute or so but many times nothing happens.EDIT: probably not a bug,some sounds only play when M runs and some others just have a very long attack.

edit 2:no,it`s a bug.Sometimes the reaktor sound just stopps at all on certein presets and you have to reload the plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2020
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It goes until F? You're lucky then, it only goes until D for me.
    FM8 says it has 329 presets but also says i have 3 banks one with 125 + 190 + 200 so as a calculator Mas+ would fail. :D

Yeah, something is preventing all presets from showing up, tagged as a Bug.

In the future pls mention version number otherwise when it's updated and fixed it gets confusing to which version the bug belonged to or its fixed or not. I edited your thread.

3. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

ok,will do.Thanks for the edit.

I have 409 Fm8 presets showing up when selecting all banks but 640 when going through the banks one by one.I remember someone here wrote his Retro Machines presets have disappeared...maybe related?

btw,when you say you have 125 in one bank...then this is also incorrect.i assume it's the FM8 factory bank,that's 190 here :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  4. Mariana @ NI

Mariana @ NI NI Team NI Team

hi fmq and D-One!
    Thanks for reporting.
    Some of us could reproduce the issue here and we will investigate the root cause and how to fix it.
    Meanwhile, here's how to overcome the issue for FM8: you'd need to reset your unit to remove Fm8 from the internal memory and be able to install it again.

To do so, go to SETTINGS > SYSTEM, and press SHIFT and soft button 5 (RESET). Notice that this will erase your settings and preferences, including your account login information, so you'll have to log in again. The content of your SD card will be intact.

Let us know if this solved the issue. Thanks! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

thanks for the answer.But what about all the favorites i marked from all 4 Synths?It took me a couple of hours to work through all presets ;-)

6. D-One

That counts as "settings and preferences", it's stored on the unit, not on the SD card.
    :S

Fixed. Thanks, Mariana.

7. Falko Freund

Falko Freund NI Product Owner

Will this work with Massive too?

8. D-One

Yes, worked for all instruments for me.

9. Mariana @ NI

fmq This solution is a workaround until we fix the issue and until we have the possibility to Update plugins over the air. Unfortunately it comes with this downside - sorry about that.

10. Falko Freund

for me not :(

11. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

ok,i‘ll withstand.Another workarround is selecting specific banks instead of“all banks“.I can live with that for now.

Is it really a plugin or a browser specific issue?

12. Mariana @ NI

fmq We don't know what the root cause is yet.

Falko Freund , for which plugin are you seeing this?

13. Falko Freund

Massive shows not all presets...

14. D-One

Are you sure? Note that expansions have Massive Presets, so if they aren't installed then they wont show

15. Falko Freund

I speak about presets I bought, which i put in the User folder/Massive... is there another cause possible?

16. D-One

Is it the same issue where only some of the presets show up or do none of your custom presets show in list? Whats the format of the presets? .nmsv?

17. Falko Freund

only some.... nmsv