1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Maschine mk1 on mavericks

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Ottus, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Ottus

Ottus New Member

hi! I have a mk1 maschine 1.0.2 and I installed the software from the dvd, and I can not get it to update to version 1.8 and the mac does not recognize the controller!

does anyone know if it is compatible with mavericks?

thanks!

2. jiggle

jiggle Forum Member

Hi ottus, it's compatible. If you can, log in on the support part of the ni site and download the latest driver for maschine and maschine 1.8 update. You should be up and running after that

Jas

3. Ottus

Ottus New Member

hi Jas thanks for the reply:)!

the drivers are able to download, but the update 1.8 can not find it even if they are logged in and even from the service center. and when I plug the maschine on mac does not recognize it..

4. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

the mk1 is fine, the driver needs work. i get crashes all the time on 10.9 when i use the controller, but the software runs fine. it uses the same driver and any of the other controllers.

5. jiggle

jiggle Forum Member

Have you updated the control editor app? I get no crashes at all anymore with the mk1 on 10.9.1

The only thing it doesn't like is the laptop going to sleep, that upsets it. Quickly disconnecting usually puts it right

6. twist1ne

twist1ne New Member

Forgive me if this is considered high-jacking a thread, but my query is more related to the last couple of posts and not worthy of an entire/separate thread.

@jiggle

Thanks dude...just bought my first Apple product a couple of weeks ago...(MacBook Pro) and am still using my Windows 7 PC (w/ Maschine, Cubase & Komplete, primarily) because my interface (Scarlett 18i6) is crashing randomly with Mavericks...and my Mk1/Maschine/1.8 has also been going crazy with Mavericks...but it was the sleep mode thing you just mentioned, for the Maschine issue, at least. My system says 10.9.2, if that matters at all.

I guess I don't mind un/plugging Maschine, if it's not being damaged. I'm curious if you get the following too? If I open a Maschine project right after the mac wakes up, it will seem to show the correct display on the 2 screens, but they are as dim as when it's normally just sitting there in standby (and none of the buttons respond). Then I un/plug it (with the software still running) and it turns on like normal and works fine. Is that how yours responds? Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014