1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine MK3 + Blocks Integration

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ponderosapete, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ponderosapete

ponderosapete New Member

Hi there, I'm trying to gather some information before purchasing an MK3 on its possible integration with Reaktor Blocks.
    The question is pretty general in that I'm mostly curious to what degree a patch created in Blocks could be controlled by an MK3. I'm pretty thrilled by the modular workspace Blocks provides, and I'm hoping that a controller like the MK3 would allow me to ditch a bit of the computer screen for a more tactile modular experience. I've not been able to find much information on the degree to which the MK3 can manipulate Blocks, though.
    For example, can I use the MK3 to scroll through modules within a patch and tweak parameters through the controller? Or will the MK3 only allow me to play the patch without tweaking individual modules within?
    Hopefully this question makes sense. I realize that building a patch within Reaktor Blocks is probably only accomplished using the computer. I'm just hoping that once I've done that, I can manipulate the patch almost entirely within the MK3.
    Thanks so much for any info y'all can provide!

2. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Good question.... many Reaktor Blocks ensembles come already mapped to the MK3 encoders with several pages of controls. But you also have the option to manually map to your liking. Then you just save the ensemble with its mapping as a sound in your User library and the next time you open it, it will use your custom mappings. If you spend some time with it, you can get some decent hands on controls. The beauty of Reaktor is that, if you know what you are doing, you can map almost anything....

• Like Like x 1